Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Solar Panel as delivered.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my suspension from these guys a couple years back, no problem whatsoever. Obviously things have changed.
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    I got my suspension from these guys a couple years back, no problem whatsoever. Obviously things have changed.
    i think its just hit and miss unfortunately. my mate has a double swag and when i first saw it i was impressed at the build quality it was very well made and didnt feel cheap at all. very comfortable for two people by all accounts. that said i still cant handle the way they do business.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

jay see (20th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,611 Times in 3,108 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    i think its just hit and miss unfortunately. my mate has a double swag and when i first saw it i was impressed at the build quality it was very well made and didnt feel cheap at all. very comfortable for two people by all accounts. that said i still cant handle the way they do business.
    Imo they are cheap because of finer details that are missed..
    Like the roof racks.
    They don't prep and prime them.
    Just weld and straight to the power coaters. Now this could be saving them about $200 a rack, and to average jo blow itll have no affect, as he'll probably sell his car in 5 years.. but the bloke that's building a personal rig will notice because the paint is all rusting from underneath it.
    The father inlaw had an arb rack..
    15 years old it was and had only some small spots or rust where the bolts were..

The swags.
    Sure not an issue for the normal user, But they use a cheaper rip stop quality canvas, zips are a bit iffy and a light weight base..
    My brother being a fortnightly camper wore threw his base in about 10 months..
    They blamed his size...
    Yet the swags our parents had made for us when we were 16 years old are in mint condition...

I personally don't shop with em..
    Although I'll admit I did buy the thumper compressor as I was in need it and had limited cash at the time..
    But it's starting to slow only after 18 months..
    An arb twin will take its spot when it finally goes..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

macca (20th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reposted on their FB page. They're ignoring my PM's now. Looks like Fair Trading is the next step....

Seems they now have to approve any post to their page...lol
    Last edited by clubbyr8; 20th December 2016 at 10:19 AM.
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clubbyr8 For This Useful Post:

Clunk (20th December 2016), macca (20th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clubbyr8 View Post
    Reposted on their FB page. They're ignoring my PM's now. Looks like Fair Trading is the next step....
    I recon Fair Trading will be a busy place for the next few months. A lot of Christmas dissapointments not only from this mob. It seems that some are just cons and many others just can't keep up with their promises. I still like looking at a product, touching it picking it up, paying and taking it home. I guess I'm just old.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

Bigcol (8th January 2017), BigRAWesty (20th December 2016), macca (20th December 2016), Winnie (20th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly I have had a similar experience with another company, lied to in the emails and lied about on the eBay feedback. They banned me too I think.

Also been researching caravans, there are a few FB sites about dealers and manufacturers completely ignoring customers who may have spent $80000 upwards of their retirement funds only to be left with an un-roadworthy lemon.
    One lady owns the https://www.facebook.com/groups/lemoncaravansinaus/ site has a van that Pat Callanan gushes about, her story is horrendous and that "Flower" van mob is taking her to court for defamation etc.

Again advertising budgets not allowing a show like Pat's to research or more accurately report on problems so uninformed folk go by his word and take a lottery if their hard earned is going to be well spent.

Corporate profits come before anything else it seems. Very sad really.
    Cheers
    Macca

12. The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

clubbyr8 (20th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clubbyr8 View Post

Seems they now have to approve any post to their page...lol
    i whacked up a big rant the other night,called them a bunch of wankers,rip off pricks and ignoreing people...to my amazement it went up,not long after that Jess answered some of my spam as i was posting on all their posts on the forum....but then i see they banned me from commenting on anything..i can see their shit and share it(like FARK) but that is it...i wouldn't f&^k with them...Just go to the bank and get ya money back,and also try and get onto the bloke that is threatening them with current affair,everyone should be doing this
    Last edited by Avo; 20th December 2016 at 01:26 PM.
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (20th December 2016), clubbyr8 (20th December 2016), Woof (20th December 2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got another phone call from Jess, they don't have stock until next week. They're paying for the panel to be returned to them (just printed the con note details). I'm reluctant to send it back without having received the other panel but it seems normal practice. Darche wouldn't send a new tent until the other was returned. So I'll document everything including a signed copy of the con note when it's picked up.

I truly feel sorry for Jess, she's on a hiding to nothing. She's pleasant to talk to but she has a lousy job working for these clowns. She even organised delivery of the missing drawer wings to be on same delivery as the panel. I wished her a Merry Christmas , I think she was bit surprised at that, but she is trying to help. Anyway, we will see what happens.....
    GROOVY GUVII

2" Toughdog Lift, Ctek D250S, 152AH AGM Battery, Homemade Battery Box, Duel Rear Cameras, GME TX3510W UHF, Alloy Roof Rack, Kings 2.5m Awning, Titan Drawers.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to clubbyr8 For This Useful Post:

Avo (20th December 2016), Clunk (20th December 2016), jay see (20th December 2016), macca (20th December 2016), mudski (22nd December 2016), rusty_nail (20th December 2016), threedogs (20th December 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,717 Times in 2,004 Posts
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You haven't got a direct number have ya..
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @clubbyr8 i reckon your right about Jess,i reckon she's trying her best.i bet she was the one that let my post go through,must be hard working in conditions where no one is happy....i would hate to have her job..
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

clubbyr8 (20th December 2016), threedogs (20th December 2016)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast