OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1332 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 33283212321282132213301331133213331334134213821432 ... LastLast
Results 13,311 to 13,320 of 14473

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickhead View Post
    GOOD GOLLY GOSH truck licenses seem easily available these days. Just like overseas university student placements .......Attachment 82701
    I got mine 20 odd years ago, really just think the instructor got sick of giving me lessons and decided 2 just give me the license instead *L*

I really didn't care because I was not paying for the lessons and had no intention of driving after getting my HR license..... which 2 this day still haven't needed it
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

MB (28th December 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    I got mine 20 odd years ago, really just think the instructor got sick of giving me lessons and decided 2 just give me the license instead *L*

I really didn't care because I was not paying for the lessons and had no intention of driving after getting my HR license..... which 2 this day still haven't needed it
    Went from non synchro HR (coach driving days) to non synchro HC licence 11 years ago. Like you toddsta I haven't used this licence in anger but my business in a non-driving field has been smashed by covid lockdowns and thinking of putting my toes in that pond again. Just not sure how or where to start that process. I'd feel like a new kid on the block again.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

MB (28th December 2020), NissanGQ4.2 (28th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is refreshing to see such honesty Gentlemen
    We’ve introduced recently at work a tickets register with extra skills matrix attached for anything and everything.
    Just because a new bloke might show he has his Heavy Combination doesn’t mean he’ll get a run out of the local quarry with a 15% grade descent fully loaded smashing company brakes.
    Much the same as a salesperson may have their perfectly legal automatic motor car licence we’re not going to ask them to make a 3.5Tonne trailer delivery behind their 2017 pretty Navara.
    This is also where I feel Vic Roadies needs to increase levels of accreditation for car licenses as a yearly Auto Barina driver can legally jump straight into a Jeep Cherokee with 3.5Tonne Mini House on tow once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Hodge (28th December 2020), Mickhead (28th December 2020), mudnut (29th December 2020), Plasnart (28th December 2020), Rossco (28th December 2020), Stropp (28th December 2020)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    We’ve introduced recently at work a tickets register with extra skills matrix attached for anything and everything.
    Just because a new bloke might show he has his Heavy Combination doesn’t mean he’ll get a run out of the local quarry with a 15% grade descent fully loaded smashing company brakes.
    Much the same as a salesperson may have their perfectly legal automatic motor car licence we’re not going to ask them to make a 3.5Tonne trailer delivery behind their 2017 pretty Navara.
    This is also where I feel Vic Roadies needs to increase levels of accreditation for car licenses as a yearly Auto Barina driver can legally jump straight into a Jeep Cherokee with 3.5Tonne Mini House on tow once a year.
    Can wholeheartedly agree with this Mr MB. I've been attempting to drum this into some of our management at work...
    We have/had apprentices, sent away to get HR/HC licenses after their month on the job. Let's not forget, that some of these younguns' prior driving experiences, involves not much more than dropping their commodores into "D" after revving it beyond 5k at a Maccas carpark with their steel black rear rims and a fuel tank barely hovering over the ground attempting to impress their 15yo girl friends and/or their cheering on like-minded mates...
    It freaks one out, that they will now be able to drive a 25t truck PERU with a 13m trailer loaded with poles...
    Although it is incredibly amusing throwing them into a road ranger boxed truck.
    2005 TD42TI

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MB (28th December 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skills Matrixes can be really grounding and positive for us all Hodgey to work towards our bestest selves, keep pushing with the powers there Mate
    The right Team Players will answer their own honestly and the bullshit artists come undone very quickly.
    We’ve even had so called ticketed little indoor scissor lift drivers near destroy customers premises due to complete lack of basic spatial awareness that can’t be taught IMO
    We’ve previously also had a know it all proclaimed mountain driver hit the top of Mt Slide descent in top gear bringing back to depot some saplings at 25Tonne GVM.
    Cost the company $4k that descent with every drum cracked and a full 8x4 twin steer brakes rebuild afterwards.
    Wasn’t going to say a word the prick but our local water carter made the kind call of what he had witnessed, or should I say barely witnessed through the smoke on his climb upwards passing

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Hodge (28th December 2020), Rossco (28th December 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm moving 2 VIC and working for you, I can print any ticket you like for the tickets register
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

MB (28th December 2020), rusty_nail (30th December 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In context too for motor car licensing, whilst slowly radiator chugging (2nd gear 2,500rpm) the old GQ TD42 up and up Thunderbolts Way (Highway- East to West) in summer 2019 was shocked at what was coming down at a great rate of knots!
    IIRC it was a Mitsubishi Triton with at least a 2.0Tonne van absolutely smoking down on their brakes in what I can only imagine was stuck in ‘D’ for Dangerous Descent
    If anyone knows Thunderbolts Way you’ll understand how nuts it would be to rely on brakes alone down that monster, especially the last 15% grade drop down to the East Coast of Australia

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    I'm moving 2 VIC and working for you, I can print any ticket you like for the tickets register
    We’ve learnt our mistakes Toddstar Mate, you would be closely monitored by one of our oldest, grumpiest drivers before getting a Skills tick to the Supermarket for Milk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (28th December 2020)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We’ve previously also had a know it all proclaimed mountain driver hit the top of Mt Slide descent in top gear bringing back to depot some saplings at 25Tonne GVM.
    Cost the company $4k that descent with every drum cracked and a full 8x4 twin steer brakes rebuild afterwards.
    I'm a driver, I hate being a passenger. I am a shit passenger.
    But on this one occasion, I WAS a passenger, of a young-er driver. Not even an apprenty! We had a 12T cable trailer in tow.
    Heading over the Citylink Bolt bridge, while on the phone to our control room, I observed NO cars passing/overtaking us, which was odd. The truck seemed to labour a fair bit too.... A quick glance over the mirror and to shock horror there was a plume of smoke behind us stretching to infinity. Kilometres of toll-way behind us were smoked out ninja-style.
    What was revealed upon making a safe exit was all 4 wheels on 2 axles turned into spinning lava 50-cent-shaped rims. The large 2-metre diameter wooden cable drum also alight...
    His claim of being 500% sure he hooked up the brake air hoses was somewhat suspicious, as we found them safely zippy-tied to the A-frame... He had no come back to that one.
    2005 TD42TI

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

MB (28th December 2020), mudnut (29th December 2020), NissanGQ4.2 (28th December 2020), PeeBee (29th December 2020), rusty_nail (30th December 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crikey Hodgey, sadly I could envisage every step of the way there you perfectly described that debacle Mate!
    It’s the lying that really gets me, just own it, everybody stuffs up once in a while, we’re all human!
    The bullshit artists will always be and he should’ve legal rights been allowed to be sacked immediately!
    “Not enough training, not enough stickers everywhere, too much responsibility”

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Hodge (31st December 2020), mudski (30th December 2020)

Page 1332 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 33283212321282132213301331133213331334134213821432 ... LastLast