OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1226 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 22672611261176121612241225122612271228123612761326 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,260 of 14472

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heading away for our Easter camping holiday and half way from Melbourne to the destination near Maffra I noticed a bunch of warning lights illuminated on the dash.
    Sub Tank, handbrake and battery lights all on. (2004 GU III)
    Stopped and checked the terminal connections were all on tight (as I just had the main battery replaced two days earlier) and everything seemed ok.
    Turned the radio off and pushed on hoping for the best. Luckily we were traveling just after lunch and not towing anything, so didn't have to worry about nightfall knowing we were only 1 3/4 hours from the destination.
    Got there ok.
    My mate who was camping with us, who also happens to be the mechanic who services my car, diagnosed the problem in two minutes.
    Alternator had blown a regulator.

First trip away with the dual battery setup and car fridge all hooked up to go and couldn't use it.

Luckily we were in a caravan, so had a fridge to use in the van, but I spent the four days charging my main battery off other people's alternators with jumper leads.
    Best of all it didn't stop us getting out and doing some four wheel driving, which I was shattered to think would be out of the question when I discovered the alternator had died.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (28th April 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremulator View Post
    Heading away for our Easter camping holiday and half way from Melbourne to the destination near Maffra I noticed a bunch of warning lights illuminated on the dash.
    Sub Tank, handbrake and battery lights all on. (2004 GU III)
    Stopped and checked the terminal connections were all on tight (as I just had the main battery replaced two days earlier) and everything seemed ok.
    Turned the radio off and pushed on hoping for the best. Luckily we were traveling just after lunch and not towing anything, so didn't have to worry about nightfall knowing we were only 1 3/4 hours from the destination.
    Got there ok.
    My mate who was camping with us, who also happens to be the mechanic who services my car, diagnosed the problem in two minutes.
    Alternator had blown a regulator.

First trip away with the dual battery setup and car fridge all hooked up to go and couldn't use it.

Luckily we were in a caravan, so had a fridge to use in the van, but I spent the four days charging my main battery off other people's alternators with jumper leads.
    Best of all it didn't stop us getting out and doing some four wheel driving, which I was shattered to think would be out of the question when I discovered the alternator had died.
    Sounds about right. I've just fitted my third alternator. This one has a higher rating than standard so will see how it goes. You havr got to watch out when a regulator goes. My first one blew the reg but the alternator kept charging at 19+ volts. Had to get home so it cost me an alternator and both batteries.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Online security, my iCrapple phone just accepted a song change log on with this epoxy oxide thumb print

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (28th April 2019), rusty_nail (28th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back off to our Happy Thread!
    Yanky ‘West Systems’ and Aussie Oxide mixed with Acca Dacca gets the little job done

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Bidja (28th April 2019), Plasnart (29th April 2019), Rossco (28th April 2019), rusty_nail (28th April 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Sounds about right. I've just fitted my third alternator. This one has a higher rating than standard so will see how it goes. You havr got to watch out when a regulator goes. My first one blew the reg but the alternator kept charging at 19+ volts. Had to get home so it cost me an alternator and both batteries.
    I can highly recommend the 'Quicktifier 420 or the 210' amp diode pack for improving alternator reliability. I have run one for the last 3 yrs, admittedly they car has only done about 5K klm, however just ordered my second one for the second alternator. The additional diodes help with heat reduction when charging and well worth the expense. The 420 amp unit costs $149USD plus $75USD shipping to Aust. The unit does not increase the alternator output to 420amp, it simply adds more diodes that spread the current load to lower limits. The diodes are specially made for the application and are a higher temp unit, so for example your existing alternator may have 6 diodes, then you add a further 12 in parallel, so the alternator charge is across 18 instead of 6. I have found the diodes can be a problem in hot under bonnet temps, especially when fitted with larger engines.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    I can highly recommend the 'Quicktifier 420 or the 210' amp diode pack for improving alternator reliability. I have run one for the last 3 yrs, admittedly they car has only done about 5K klm, however just ordered my second one for the second alternator. The additional diodes help with heat reduction when charging and well worth the expense. The 420 amp unit costs $149USD plus $75USD shipping to Aust. The unit does not increase the alternator output to 420amp, it simply adds more diodes that spread the current load to lower limits. The diodes are specially made for the application and are a higher temp unit, so for example your existing alternator may have 6 diodes, then you add a further 12 in parallel, so the alternator charge is across 18 instead of 6. I have found the diodes can be a problem in hot under bonnet temps, especially when fitted with larger engines.
    Thanks for that PeeBee, ill keep it in mind . The second fail I had was my fault because I drowned the car. This last one I just dont know, was ok when I came home the night before and parked it. Got in next morning turned the key and merry christmas on the dash lights. First one dont know. Nissan did it under warranty.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    Thanks for that PeeBee, ill keep it in mind . The second fail I had was my fault because I drowned the car. This last one I just dont know, was ok when I came home the night before and parked it. Got in next morning turned the key and merry christmas on the dash lights. First one dont know. Nissan did it under warranty.
    There is an additional cost of around $100 AUD when the box gets here as the 3 phase output from the alternator needs to be hooked up from alternator to the Quicktifier unit - there are a couple of utube segments if you want to do that yourself, or pay the auto elec to do it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (29th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    basic into
    just making a post so I can use the download section, cheers

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

mudski (29th April 2019), rusty_nail (29th April 2019), TPC (29th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    basic into
    just making a post so I can use the download section, cheers
    I guess it's still better than 25 posts of the same basic intro. Can't win either way

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Online security, my iCrapple phone just accepted a song change log on with this epoxy oxide thumb print

I feel your pain. Brand new iPhone X and it’s back to apple twice. Still not fixed. They won’t replace it. Only ‘repair’.

KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to katwoman For This Useful Post:

MB (30th April 2019)

Page 1226 of 1448 FirstFirst ... 22672611261176121612241225122612271228123612761326 ... LastLast