Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Castor correction advice please

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running the original Bridgestone DD's and the factory alloy rims. Loads of meat left on them. So are you guys saying that the new radius arm bushes (nylon I think they are now), are rubbish? I just looked up and saw the price of new radius arms ... aaarrrgggghhhhh nope wont be going down that path. So if I'm doing anything it will have to be bushes. Which brand I dont know ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo2410 View Post
    I'm running the original Bridgestone DD's and the factory alloy rims. Loads of meat left on them. So are you guys saying that the new radius arm bushes (nylon I think they are now), are rubbish? I just looked up and saw the price of new radius arms ... aaarrrgggghhhhh nope wont be going down that path. So if I'm doing anything it will have to be bushes. Which brand I dont know ...
    yes unfortunately the Nylon bushes by design are harder than rubber so dont flex as well. also with the offset they tend to chew out. You might get 5 years out fo them but likely 1 or 2. If i was you id be fitting offset bushes to sort it out. 100%
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What i would Actually do is buy new springs and go to a 3" lift allowing you to fit Drop Boxes and never look back. This is Illegal though..... But its bloody Perfect.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Your beast needs to go in mate if it’s “Traming” suspecting that means running out of carish tarmac lines?
    Which tyres you running good bloke ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it will be Oversteering like a Boss. Check your Tyre Pressures, make sure they are all correct.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way out of my league now Timbo mate! Do know that on our ageing little fleet of trols, OEM rubber does seem to last best as kindly suggested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no I only assumed that a rubber substitute was better .. If I am wrong I stand corrected. I'm struggling to find any sort of "kit" as suggested by the mechanic today. I might pay a visit to our local Pedders and see what they have to say. Also, Tyrepower were the sub contractors to Ironman fitters. They were the ones who did all the aligning .. I might go in and ask for the angles and measurements so at least I can post here for advice.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to timbo2410 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (31st May 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and yes tyre pressures have been checked .. have also run anywhere from 32 up to 42 psi to see if it makes a difference .. and no it doesnt ..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timbo2410 For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (31st May 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timbo2410 View Post
    No no I only assumed that a rubber substitute was better .. If I am wrong I stand corrected. I'm struggling to find any sort of "kit" as suggested by the mechanic today. I might pay a visit to our local Pedders and see what they have to say. Also, Tyrepower were the sub contractors to Ironman fitters. They were the ones who did all the aligning .. I might go in and ask for the angles and measurements so at least I can post here for advice.
    Rubber is best but the caster correction bushes are all nylon. you should really only need a slight adjustment? 2 degrees or so. Get your measurements and ask them how "Out" it was. They should be able to tell you the factory tollerance.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i will shoot into town this afternoon and ask tyrepower if they still have the specs or at least get them to check the specs .. I will post back asap

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just an update, Tyrepower do have the specs from the original alignment (front and rear) and will re-check them next Tuesday morning. He did explain that yes the only way to correct the issue may be the castor kit as he checked the tyres and said there is no extra wear that bad now that would cause the tramming to be that bad. He did advise to get the correction kit from ARB or Opposite Lock here in town and not to go to the local Ironman centre though. So will post back here on Monday. Thanks for the help thus far people :-)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast