OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 11,344 Times in 6,455 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    I am really surprised that a station could be so bad, I have visited about 30 sheep and cattle stations for work and they have all been friendly places with happy workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
    I`m with TCP on this . I do the odd job and play on a few stations and have found the same. Yeah folks work hard, play hard but all well respected. Most are sheep stations so bikes are use to muster but the occasional neddy is used. As for accommodation most shearers quarters are like home, great kitchens, bath rooms, toilets, bedrooms and lounge rooms all very comfortable. One place is in the process of building a three bed room house for their foreman. One thing, all those that I work and play on are AUSSIE owned.
    I hope and wish her and her mate all the best for new start.
    Its surprised us too. But. This is nothing new with the current station managers according to pretty much anyone you talk to in the town of Thargominda. A book could be written just on the stories I have heard about them.

Her accomodation was a tiny concrete box with no window and it floods when it rains. I was also told by a local plumber that right outfront of the room where my daughter was, is a septic tank which often overflows when it rains, right into my daughters room she had. Now, she got really sick a few weeks ago. Couldn't keep any food down and had the trots for two full days. The girls were not warned about Q fever, not even given the option to be vaccinated against it. From my understanding, its law to be told of the risks, and you must be tested and vax'd when working on these properties. Nothing was mentioned at all to both girls. Most people in the town of Thargominda are vax'd because of the amount of cattle trucks that drive through the town, so the risk of cattle dust getting into your lungs is high.
    So did my daughter have Q fever? She had all the symptoms of it. Or did she get sick from when her bedroom flooded after a big rain they had.
    I guess we will know soon as she is getting tested for Q fever in the coming weeks.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MB (23rd April 2024), pearcey (24th April 2024), TPC (4th May 2024)