Thread: Fuel & EGT issues what will fix this

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuel & EGT issues what will fix this

Hi All,

Over the past 12 months I have added a heap of after market accessories to the 2012 GU8
    The heavy items are,
    Bar, winch, duel battery, 75lt sub tank, 33" MT ATZ3 x 5/285/70/17 with 45PSI, 2.75" exhaust.

My town driving fuel has gone from an average of 13.5lt to as high as 18lt per 100 with average 16/17lt per 100km.

Did a trip of 360km on the weekend to Tallarook on a 4x4 course (for my daughter on her L's) and fuel is 23lt per 100, including to and from.

It was very slow going with a huge amount of stop start on the course, slow going and revs kept low (which would not of helped).

What is the best option to help with high fuel, map or chip and from experience from others here, which one?
    I know driving these at higher revs is best to get the motor in the sweet spot, but this is not always an option.

I feel the performance of the car has gone backwards and would have though so with the extra weight but not as much as it feels.
    Still good on take off just a slug up long highway hills etc. Low range is perfect as its in the rev range etc.

The EGT temp is around 350 deg C on the flat and can climb as high as 500 up long hills.
    In low up hill it was on 620 Deg C, is this normal? How can this be reduced and will it cause any damage at high temps?

I fitted the EGT/boost gauge after all the mods, should have done before to get pre readings.

Any help would be great, I need to get this sorted before we head out for some remote touring.
    2012 GU8

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,292 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Out of curiosity, do you have the OEM intercooler still fitted? If so, can you see any oil deposits on it? The OEM IC's are prone to leaking and if they are will hamper engine performance. Do you have any after market manual boost controllers fitted? The EGT's seem a bit high for my liking, which could be the result of a leaking IC, not enough air being pushed through into the motor will result in a richer fuel mixer which means higher egt's.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mudski,
    I still need to fit your EGR and Dawse kit I got from you and assume this will help a bit on both cases.
    I will look at the OEM IC, are they prone to leak after 60K-km.

Should have purchased the 2006 - 4.2, would have spent less overall............
    2012 GU8

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty00 View Post
    Hi Mudski,
    I still need to fit your EGR and Dawse kit I got from you and assume this will help a bit on both cases.
    I will look at the OEM IC, are they prone to leak after 60K-km.
    Yes the Dawes will help. A needle valve, if you bought this also, sorry I can't remember, is where you achieve the extra performance through. As this controls the turbo spool up rate. The OEM IC's are crap from new. They do leak quite easily. And if yours isd leaking, you can't fit the Dawes up. Well you can, but you can adjust the boost pressures as you need a 100% seal intake system.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty00 View Post
    Should have purchased the 2006 - 4.2, would have spent less overall............
    Hind sight is a wonderful thing...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mudski;725484]Yes the Dawes will help. A needle valve, if you bought this also, sorry I can't remember, is where you achieve the extra performance through. As this controls the turbo spool up rate. The OEM IC's are crap from new. They do leak quite easily. And if yours isd leaking, you can't fit the Dawes up. Well you can, but you can adjust the boost pressures as you need a 100% seal intake system.

What is the ISD leak
    2012 GU8

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=rusty00;725493]
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Yes the Dawes will help. A needle valve, if you bought this also, sorry I can't remember, is where you achieve the extra performance through. As this controls the turbo spool up rate. The OEM IC's are crap from new. They do leak quite easily. And if yours isd leaking, you can't fit the Dawes up. Well you can, but you can adjust the boost pressures as you need a 100% seal intake system.

What is the ISD leak
    Thats a typo. Its supposed to say...
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    .... And if yours is leaking, you can't fit the Dawes up. ...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

rusty00 (1st May 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is best re map or chip and why
    2012 GU8