Thread: Drivers Door Won't Open

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drivers Door Won't Open

2004 GU drivers door won't open , handle moves but door won't open , help anyone got a manual page break down they can send me

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,951 Times in 6,827 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bastard of a job! Just did a thread on this issue. Can't post a link on tappa though sorry. I now have a door trim that is FUBAR and a door that works. The mechanism shits itself and no amount of manipulating the linkages will open it. The mechanism needs to be smashed (that's what I did) or drilled out from inside the door cavity

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the thread he is referring 2: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Door-Wont-Open!!!
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 3rd July 2016 at 08:39 AM.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome 2 the forum Easy24, an intro it the introduction thread would be nice when you get a chance.

Is their anything in particular you need help with as just asking might be quicker then waiting for someone to post a manual page?

You can always go welcome in 25 new members in the intro thread and download the manual yourself.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (3rd July 2016)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy24 View Post
    2004 GU drivers door won't open , handle moves but door won't open , help anyone got a manual page break down they can send me
    Not difficult, but fiddly. My first ever post is on this (with photos!), awaiting moderators' approval.

Précis:

Remove the trim on the pillar up to the roof, it slides easily out of the plastic foot plate. Now you can peer between the arm rest and the pillar and see the white plastic striker plate of the door lock, and the black striker. Unbolt the seatbelt mount, remove the pillar trim. Drill an 8mm hole in the pillar at about 20 degrees sloping downwards, such that you can get a 1/8" or 3/16" wood chisel onto the white striker plate, at the rear part of the plate. Tap with a hammer and break away some striker plate, so you can get a long thin screwdriver under the striker, and jiggle/wriggle it to operate the snick. Check the passenger side lock to see where the snick is. You will have to jiggle the screwdriver twice on the snick, once to part open the door to the safety catch, once to open it fully.