Thread: Was going to put 35s on but unsure

Thanks
    Thanked 12,386 Times in 6,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    I was reading that a set of 33s with lockers are as good as a set of 35s and then it would be leagal
    You still won't have the diff clearance that you will get with 35s. But if I had to choose between locked on 33s and unlocked on 35s I'd go with the locker every day.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    You still won't have the diff clearance that you will get with 35s. But if I had to choose between locked on 33s and unlocked on 35s I'd go with the locker every day.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    100%, on that HC trip we did Winnie I came to a complete stop twice, with a thump, on brand new 33's and twin lockers. If the diff height is less than the obstacle height you will hit, simples!!! In Vic there are two ways to get a 35" legal setup - first is purchase a set of Portal Axles and get the eng cert done by Marks 4x4 but not for a GQ - for a GQ add 6k for additional certification costs; second way is get your vehicle assessed by an automotive engineer, not a VASS engineer and take your chances if you get pulled up as the Vic Police can challenge the certification by any engineer other than a VASS engineer - unsure about other states.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep wrestling with what I want and what is legal, so it looks like I will go with a enginered 3 inch lift with 33s on and a locker in the future I keep going around with this I see people with 4 inch and I want that but I suppose I better be smart about it

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep wrestling with what I want and what is legal, so it looks like I will go with a enginered 3 inch lift with 33s on and a locker in the future I keep going around with this I see people with 4 inch and I want that but I suppose I better be smart about it
    In Vic the 'rules' state 3" total lift being a combo of tyres and springs. You cant go 3" on the springs an 1" on the tyres and stay legal, so a good quality 2" lift and a set of 33's is your limit. A Vass Engineer simply wont sign off on it. Mind you maybe you will get away with it as long as the vehicle looks in proportion, and you never get picked up?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we have a new rule in QLD we can now get a certified 3 inch lift with 33s on

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to First Pooy For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (31st May 2019), threedogs (1st June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you keep wrestling with an Idea, have road tyres (legal) and play tyres, (37's on a 17 inch rim) modify the guards properly to fit the play tyre and shave the Diff.
    Diff shaving can give an inch of clearance. So, in theory you'll have a legal 2 inch suspension lift with legal daily tyres and with the offroad only tyres you'll have diff clearance equivalent of a 39 inch tyre and a sill (or overall lift) clearance equivalent of 4 inch and 35's.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

First Pooy (31st May 2019), PeeBee (31st May 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we have a new rule in QLD we can now get a certified 3 inch lift with 33s on
    Thanks, I hope this gets adopted across the country if the states ever agree on a uniform set of rules.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thanks, I hope this gets adopted across the country if the states ever agree on a uniform set of rules.
    Well it is doable because supior engineering replace everything underneath for 11k and certified lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12