Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 12 mm injector pump fuel lines causing me problems

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 12 mm injector pump fuel lines causing me problems

I did a fair bit of research before upgrading from my 10 mm pump to a 12 mm pump in my Gq and no where did any one say anything about the difference in the fuel line diameters and the issues of trying to fix it so I can get the full potential out of my pump

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    I did a fair bit of research before upgrading from my 10 mm pump to a 12 mm pump in my Gq and no where did any one say anything about the difference in the fuel line diameters and the issues of trying to fix it so I can get the full potential out of my pump
    hmm thats a new one to me. which fuel lines are you talking about? From Pump to Injectors? or supply to the Pump? Either way this is not something i have heard before? a Lift Pump before the fuel pump is a winner and very common but that is all.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both fuel feed and return but especially the feed is twice as big on the ip that it is on the Gq I rang UFI and they have not heard of it ether it is just my luck they said it normaly just plums up

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I temporarily put the sold feed line from my old injector pump on to get it going untill I worked it out so I am geting a bigger feed line made up from my CAV filter to the ip but after delivering it today to be made up they are not sure they can make something that size grrr

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you sure UFI sent you the right Pump?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Are you sure UFI sent you the right Pump?
    Oh god because it was a brand new pump I didn't question it,well my be the right pump but the feed line of a 14 mm up and here is me paying to get stuff modified and it didn't even cross my mind that it could be the pump that would exlpain why no one has heard of this problem not even UFI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what I'm taking from this is that the line from the tank to the ip is smaller than the inlet pipe supplied with the ip?
    And that you took the hard feed line off your old pump and put it on the new one to get it plummed up and running?

I'm not an expert, but surely whatever line you have running to the pump now will supply it with enough fuel. Even if it's a bit smaller than the one supplied. Regardless, you'll always be restricted by the smallest diameter pipe in the system.. so if it runs all the way back to the tank you'll either need to swap out the lot or if it was me, run it how it is.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,288 Times in 6,437 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the pump came from UFI, i would be making it their issue. Take photos of the line showing the size etc etc and send it to them and get them to sort it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I rang UFI and they said that they supply 10 mm fuel feed pipe on there pumps so I had a good look at my fuel lines and yes my fuel feed pipe from the tank to filter is 10 mm but from the filter to the ip is 8 mm wtf so some one had some 8 mm pipe and decided to use that instead ? Thst is the only thing I can think of

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't think that would cause you much of a problem.. I'm assuming people run that 10mm fuel line from standard hp up to big numbers without ever changing it out.

If you're still in the 250-300hp rang I don't reckon you'd find an 8mm feed restrictive. But again, I'm no expert. If it's not going to cost much to fix, get it done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast