User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick setup family tents

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went the Blackwolf purely because of the shape, they are a square/rectangular shape and have height in every corner of the tent. The Oztents slope down on one side and the height difference from front to back is very noticeable.
    2004 4.2TDi GU ST Ute, 3" Exhaust, UHF, Lightforce Spotties, BFG All Terrains, Steel Winchbar, Winch, Dual Batts, CC Ultimate IC, 4" Snorkel, XLR8 Steps and Scrub bar

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gubigfish For This Useful Post:

Graelin (1st April 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gubigfish View Post
    I went the Blackwolf purely because of the shape, they are a square/rectangular shape and have height in every corner of the tent. The Oztents slope down on one side and the height difference from front to back is very noticeable.
    I love the shape of the Blackwolf. I was sitting on the edge between that and the Oztent for a long time . Done a bit of research and trial between both. Both same quality. What won me over was the setup. Oztent wins hands down. Unfold and pull up. 2 frame clicks and crack a stubby. Blackwolf takes a bit more effort.
    Blackwolf was a fair bit heavier too from memory.
    But the shape of the blackwolf in rougher/rainy weather would be my pick. Oztent is too "squaery" for my liking.
    2005 TD42TI

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bacho86 (27th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Centre pole touring tents have been around for a long time because of their simple but effective design, & ease to put up very quickly. Four pegs push up the pole & you’re done. Southern Cross are the best, but there are plenty of cheaper copies around.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

MB (27th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 4,951 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mrs MB & I have cheaply, legally & recently 'acquired' an RV5 OZTent and love it:-)! Not sure if the RRP would have been acceptable for us as a young family :-( Personally grew up camping with the oldies and their 'Arab' tents and they were truly faster and more wind capable than this new one. EDIT: The centre pole is annoying though :-)
    Last edited by MB; 28th November 2016 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use a companion exo-tent pro 430. Very similar to the black wolf tents. It is super easy to setup. It is full canvas with heavy duty pvc floor so dont even need to use the fly for weather assistance. It is self standing and I have never even used the guy ropes and it has been through some storms. Picked ours up for $750 from aussie disposals on sale.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sooty_10 For This Useful Post:

MB (27th November 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quick setup family tents

So as I stated earlier I run an RV4 OzTent and rate it highly. I have been in Torrential rain and stayed dry when @AB and @Winnie were camping beside me in centre pole tents that both got washed away. Funny night..... For me.

I like the OzTent because I have set myself up around it. My roof load is designed around having it on the roof. My wife has never slept in it though. Father Son trips is all its seen. But it's seen a few 3 week trips with me and my boy. Awesome.

If I was in the market again I'd have a good look at the black wolf though. Seem good and don't pack up into long bags which could be easier to live with depending on your setup.

I just came across this site.

Cheap! Note though that like OzTent, the real money is in the add ons, front wall, side walls, fly, etc.

Here is my OzTent on the roof during a 3 week touring Desert trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    So as I stated earlier I run an RV4 OzTent and rate it highly. I have been in Torrential rain and stayed dry when @AB and @Winnie were camping beside me in centre pole tents that both got washed away. Funny night..... For me.
    Funny for all of us, but wasn’t their getting wet a result of them both having omitted to prepare their new tents prior to use by wetting them down & letting them dry ........ as opposed to the tent’s centre pole design?

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Funny for all of us, but wasn’t their getting wet a result of them both having omitted to prepare their new tents prior to use by wetting them down & letting them dry ........ as opposed to the tent’s centre pole design?
    Yeah it had nothing to do with the centre pole. I think they both Seasoned their tents before the trip, just not well enough.....
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,385 Times in 6,249 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Nah that wasn't it at all. Both tents were properly seasoned it was just a cheap tent with poor quality canvas unfortunately.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Nah that wasn't it at all. Both tents were properly seasoned it was just a cheap tent with poor quality canvas unfortunately.
    There’s a moral in that somewhere.

A Nomadic Life (Blog)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Winnie (28th November 2016)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast