3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,917 Times in 2,750 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit more shop'n today. Got sum new weather strips for the doors (the inner & outer bits that the windows slide through), ordered a bonnet sound dampner thingy and an aftermarket glow plug timer. .

Timer looks really good, keen to see how it works but hopefully helps with cold starts as mine is a bit different with the 12mm. Has an after glow which pulses for 2 sec on off for as long as you as you set it. Also doesn't glow at all if you just crank it which is nice i reckon, and hooks up to the factory dash lamp so will look like factory now ☺

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rossco; 20th June 2017 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    A bit more shop'n today. Got sum new weather strips for the doors (the inner & outer bits that the windows slide through), ordered a bonnet sound dampner thingy and an aftermarket glow plug timer. .

Timer looks really good, keen to see how it works but hopefully helps with cold starts as mine is a bit different with the 12mm. Has an after glow which pulses for 2 sec on off for as long as you as you set it. Also doesn't glow at all if you just crank it which is nice i reckon, and hooks up to the factory dash lamp so will look like factory now ☺

@liftlid speak to Ross I about your glow plug issues we talked about tonight.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

liftlid (25th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rossco it should be no different at cold starts with the 12mm. @AB @Winnie Do you guys have any cold starting differences with those pumps of yours?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i know, although other people say otherwise. AB's is perfect, pretty sure Winnies is too same as with Mudskis. Was thinking compression might be getting low and the cause but wasn't too bad around 380 to 400, was kinda better than i expected really. What about glow plugs can you tell from a visual inspection or best to test these to see if they're up to scratch?

Usually cold starts aren't terrible it starts pretty much straight away and is a bit rough & white smokey but have had it stall on a couple is occasions which is not cool, never did that with the old pump. Only randomly and very occasionally tho. . . Medium hot starts (10 mins + after running) can take a bit of cranking sometimes and glowing it seems to help whereas I never used to glow it at all once hot with the old pump and it fired straight up. Not sure if this had improved since i first got the pump or just managing it better / getting used to it. .

Thanks
    Thanked 12,414 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Rossco it should be no different at cold starts with the 12mm. @AB @Winnie Do you guys have any cold starting differences with those pumps of yours?
    No mine starts easy now. Before the new pump it was a bastard because it had an air leak.
    I wait until I hear the glow relay click off when it's cold though which is about 5 seconds after the glow light turns off.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

nissannewby (21st June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,754 Times in 8,577 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Same as mine, Starts up in 1-2 second even on the top of that summit the other day freezing cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

nissannewby (21st June 2017), Rossco (21st June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah i know, although other people say otherwise. AB's is perfect, pretty sure Winnies is too same as with Mudskis. Was thinking compression might be getting low and the cause but wasn't too bad around 380 to 400, was kinda better than i expected really. What about glow plugs can you tell from a visual inspection or best to test these to see if they're up to scratch?

Usually cold starts aren't terrible it starts pretty much straight away and is a bit rough & white smokey but have had it stall on a couple is occasions which is not cool, never did that with the old pump. Only randomly and very occasionally tho. . . Medium hot starts (10 mins + after running) can take a bit of cranking sometimes and glowing it seems to help whereas I never used to glow it at all once hot with the old pump and it fired straight up. Not sure if this had improved since i first got the pump or just managing it better / getting used to it. .

Your issues all sound pump related mate. Glow plugs are easy to check. Use a multimeter and check their resistance. And visually as long as they look good and not deformed or melted.
    You need to take it back again then if you cant afford one of the ones I get. Easy now that the patrol is off the toad.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Your issues all sound pump related mate. Glow plugs are easy to check. Use a multimeter and check their resistance. And visually as long as they look good and not deformed or melted.
    You need to take it back again then if you cant afford one of the ones I get. Easy now that the patrol is off the toad.
    Cheers Matty, I'll have a think, can you send us the price just out of interest sake. Also what should the resistance be without having to look it up. Visually when we did the comp test they looked fine.

Might have to see how costs go with this thing, just a shame I've sunk a few $ into this pump so far, not sure what I could recoup from it. Wouldn't want to try sell something that isn't quite right to some poor bugger. . . Maybe I try getting Andy to give it one more tweak, just ran out of time & motivation last time. What are your thoughts on compression, would you expect cold starts to be reasonable with those kinds of figures?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Same as mine, Starts up in 1-2 second even on the top of that summit the other day freezing cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't know what your taking about, wasn't cold at all up there . . .IMG_20170621_4655.jpg

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

AB (21st June 2017), MB (21st June 2017)

Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast