Thread: Rhino Bar + Fourby Fitout

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rhino Bar + Fourby Fitout

Fourby Fitouts has installed a False Floor and Cargo Barrier , Fridge Slide and Drawer to come
    Had the Rhino Bar and Runva Winch fitted , I chose the Rhino Bar I thought it looked good but what was a big plus was the good access to the Winch , most Bars you cant even see the Winch let alone get a hand in there
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jackofjr; 9th August 2018 at 09:58 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

1nando (10th August 2018), MB (11th August 2018), MudRunnerTD (11th August 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofjr View Post
    Fourby Fitouts has installed a False Floor and Cargo Barrier , Fridge Slide and Drawer to come
    Had the Rhino Bar and Runva Winch fitted , I chose the Rhino Bar I thought it looked good but what was a big plus was the good access to the Winch , most Bars you cant even see the Winch let alone get a hand in there
    Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a great fit-out. I wish I didn't need at least two of those rear seats... but maybe I could take out just one. I like the compartment hatch for (I presume) the tyre-changing gear - that's got me thinking of perhaps something similar. Very nice! Hope you're stoked with it. I'm still waiting on parts for the TJM bar before it's finished... should've just gone local/ Rhino I think now. But we live and learn!

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah CJ , I'm pretty happy with the way the fit out is going Mark at Fourby Fitouts does a nice job ,
    He raised the false floor 15mm you can see it in the photo , by doing that I can fit a 105a/h Full River AGM battery under there if I want
    I haven't decided what batt I will install yet and it also it gives a bit more room beside the Jack compartment , I can fit my lithium jump pack , tyre plug kit and probably some other small stuff in there .
    My 62 is the prototype , he hasn't done a full Fitout of a 62 before
    The rest of the frame for the shelves and soft luggage rack is at the Powder Coaters now .
    I will post a few more photos when it's all finished.

The Rhino Bar and Winch fitted up pretty good , I weighed the vehicle again today , front axle was 1600kg
    Up from 1540kg std but I only had about 1/3 of a tank of fuel and only me in the vehicle .
    I will weigh it again with a full tank and the wife on board .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (11th August 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah CJ , I'm pretty happy with the way the fit out is going Mark at Fourby Fitouts does a nice job ,
    He raised the false floor 15mm you can see it in the photo , by doing that I can fit a 105a/h Full River AGM battery under there if I want
    I haven't decided what batt I will install yet and it also it gives a bit more room beside the Jack compartment , I can fit my lithium jump pack , tyre plug kit and probably some other small stuff in there .
    My 62 is the prototype , he hasn't done a full Fitout of a 62 before
    The rest of the frame for the shelves and soft luggage rack is at the Powder Coaters now .
    I will post a few more photos when it's all finished.

The Rhino Bar and Winch fitted up pretty good , I weighed the vehicle again today , front axle was 1600kg
    Up from 1540kg std but I only had about 1/3 of a tank of fuel and only me in the vehicle .
    I will weigh it again with a full tank and the wife on board .
    Have you found that with the bar and winch you're hitting the bump stops?

Im wanting to install a OL bar but am worried that it'll hit the bump stops too often and ill need the on track lift. Not really keen on the lift as im worried of premature wear on suspension components. I also don't know how the lift would affect the vehcile driving over harsh corrugated track at speed for prolonged periods. Will it cause premature shock wear through excess heat???etc

What are you going to do with your suspension Jack??

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nando , I measured the front before and after centre of hub/wheel to guard
    Before Right side 530mm after 525mm
    Left - 525mm after 523mm
    Bugger all difference and that surprises me , I actually thought that can't be right so checked it several times

I will give it a few more K's and measure it again .

I don't know what if anything I will do to the suspension , I will see where it sits after the Fitout in the back is finished and loaded with all my crap plus the Tvan on the tow bar.

I tried the Tvan on the back and the rear dropped 20mm but the Patrol was empty and so was the Tvan .
    so I will have to do something to the rear suspension, if I can getaway with just airbags I will .

I'm hanging out to see what On Tracks GVM upgrade is like and the cost .
    I would be happy to just keep it at std hight loaded ,
    Last edited by Jackofjr; 11th August 2018 at 10:13 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

1nando (11th August 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nando View Post
    Have you found that with the bar and winch you're hitting the bump stops?

Im wanting to install a OL bar but am worried that it'll hit the bump stops too often and ill need the on track lift. Not really keen on the lift as im worried of premature wear on suspension components. I also don't know how the lift would affect the vehcile driving over harsh corrugated track at speed for prolonged periods. Will it cause premature shock wear through excess heat???etc

I've got the T3 Bar fitted, but without the hoop or rubber buffers, plus recovery points from On Track. I will post pic's and a proper review once the hoop is in - because to do so now wouldn't be fair. I say this because as it sits now - this thing creaks and groans like I have never heard a bar do before (and I've had OL, ARB x 2 and a TJM one on previous cars). I am hoping to get the hoop on this week - if that's the case (and the groaning finishes) then I will take it up to the Brindabella Ranges the following weekend to try out the 'bump-stop' issue. So far no issues (dropped 8mm and 9mm on the front). With the Bar and recovery points, I have 80Kg over the front - 5Kg shy of the 85kg limit, so the suspension shouldn't be an issue at all.

If the hoop/ buffers don't fix the groaning/ creaking, I have asked TJM Canberra to fix up whatever has been done wrong by removing and re-installing the bar. If THAT doesn't fix it, I'm going to take it off altogether and put a Rhino Bar on and seek a little bit of compensation for the issues. Having said that - perhaps the Hoop and TJM re-installing it will fix it. I hope so.

I spoke with OnTrack about the GVM Upgrade. The suspension lift will come with It - there's $2600 straight up. The Rear arms are $3000. Now add fitting and the engineering certificate and you're looking at close to $7K for a 4.3 tonne GVM (they are aiming for 4.3 - but it'll be up to the Engineer) and it'll be inclusive of a 2" lift - no option not to have it. They also hope to certify it across all states - I think this will still require you to get an engineer certification at every state you register it in (I move around a bit for work, so this is an issue) but if you're just living your days out in the one state then all good. But by pre-approving it in the other states and territories it should certainly make it easier/ cheaper.

They are taking orders for the rear $3000 arms now, which will be made in batches of 10. I don't know exactly when they'd be delivered/ able to be fitted.

I'm going to see the results of this TJM Bar fiasco first, before I decide to head back down again. No drama's with someone stuffing up an install - it's the response to fix it that's the measure I'll be looking for (so far so good).

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CamJam For This Useful Post:

1nando (11th August 2018), Mushie (24th August 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CJ for that info , it must be a PITA the issues you are having with the Bar .
    What are your actual measurements from centre of hub to guard ,
    I'm going to run my 62 over the bridge again today with a full tank and passenger, will measure it again also .
    7K for a GVM upgrade that's getting up there , can't say I'm surprised
    The state certification only wouldn't bother me , it would be better national if possible.
    The rear arms @ 3K , are they really needed , I know they say the std ones bend , I wonder how many have actually bent
    That extra 3k will put a lot of owners off .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CJ for that info , it must be a PITA the issues you are having with the Bar .
    What are your actual measurements from centre of hub to guard ,
    I'm going to run my 62 over the bridge again today with a full tank and passenger, will measure it again also .
    7K for a GVM upgrade that's getting up there , can't say I'm surprised
    The state certification only wouldn't bother me , it would be better national if possible.
    The rear arms @ 3K , are they really needed , I know they say the std ones bend , I wonder how many have actually bent
    That extra 3k will put a lot of owners off .
    I ain't forking out 7k for a gvm upgrade! For that i can put a lift on it, bullbar, roof rack, uhf and set of lights!
    If i spent an extra 3k i could also add a long range tank a dual battery setup and then she'd be all ready to go.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1nando View Post
    I ain't forking out 7k for a gvm upgrade! For that i can put a lift on it, bullbar, roof rack, uhf and set of lights!
    If i spent an extra 3k i could also add a long range tank a dual battery setup and then she'd be all ready to go.
    I hear ya nando but that's the problem with all that stuff you would be well and truely over 3.5T
    I don't know anyone that's been pinged or had a insurance claim rejected YET for being over but I don't wanna be the first
    Imagine the poo you would be in if you were at fault in a prang and someone was seriously hurt or even killed and you were proven to be over GVM .

I have just returned from the Weighbridge again , 2 of us onboard full tank of juice Rhino Bar , Winch nothing else in the vehicle
    Front axel 1640kg
    Rear axel 1420kg = 3060kg
    I'm now left with 440kg to play with , still haven't fitted the rear drawer , fridge slide or shelves yet .
    I'm 10kg under the max front axle rating but still 15kg over Nissans aloud 85kg .
    Front is now 15mm lower than std ride hight
    Last edited by Jackofjr; 13th August 2018 at 10:12 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackofjr For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast