Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    Got a reminder letter this morning.
    I saw on FB someone got a dash got sub $700 from Nissan ( part only) so I'll try and get that before booking it in .

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Received recall ltr months back, got my pass airbag replaced few wks ago with Takata (improved spec they say), probably only threw some desiccant in the mix along with the 5 warranty. Desiccant is probably in effective after 5yrs. Ques dealer re: likely to be another recall as it is Takat & considering the unfortunate fatalities. Reply: Don’t Know.........

Yesterday received new recall notification (dated 4 Sep 17), referred to the Aust driver being killed (Jul 17), will follow up next week with nissan. Mine may be a reminder of the first recall as I am sure their record keeping is up to scratch "not"

Hodge I did not enter on FB but nissan have just supplied a new dash to me (FOC) I paid fitting $540. When I first contacted them (Mar17) they did not want to know me as the service Campain (AWB-008/10) to replace defective dash was for veh up to 6yrs old and I understand includes those VIN JN1TCSY61A036001 - JN1TCSY61AO365922. My veh is 2008 GUIV Wag ST. Tried it on me that I had not mentioned it previously that it was defective. Told them I did not know about it as it was not a nissan recall and that I have serviced my own veh since 10,000 km and that I was fed up with the early teething probs; auto hubs, g/box in & out, leaking water in cab (dash in & out) etc and told them the dealer should have advised me of the moon crater issue when they had they replaced the accel peddle assy under that nissan recall.

Anyway they accepted reasoning and yep got the dash, but it is a pitty they left some screws out and broke me key reader (plastic spool) that they deny (of course...).
    I fixed it anyway, some UV curing adhesive I have for fly tying. Not much time for them anymore... good truck now just need some dash screws.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks @Bidja . I'll be doing my best to con them into replacing it.
    I'm happy for them to replace it while it's apart for airbags. As I understand they are being greedy and have tried to charge people labour on-top as well .
    I don't know how much is involved in doing this job though.
    If not I'll attack the job my self.
    I'm also worried they will ruin my wiring for various things under the dash like radio, gauges, etc ...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, they were going to do dash and bag together but when they opened up the dash box, they say it was broken in half. Did the dash at later visit (another 100km round trip for me). Had just finished partial NADS prior to bag/dash install then went ahead fitted manual boost and my gauges.

Dealer said air bag job is separate and would not contribute to any saving to me for dash install anyway.. $$$$$$$$$$ to them.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Yep, they were going to do dash and bag together but when they opened up the dash box, they say it was broken in half. Did the dash at later visit (another 100km round trip for me). Had just finished partial NADS prior to bag/dash install then went ahead fitted manual boost and my gauges.

Dealer said air bag job is separate and would not contribute to any saving to me for dash install anyway.. $$$$$$$$$$ to them.
    Just got a letter today about my '06 being recalled. Tried to get the dash included but the dealer said they'd be going in through the glovebox so no help with the dash replacement labour. Bummer. But at least my airbag won't try to kill me if I get in an accident.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So here we go again. Just gat my recall advise to be ready to recieve a recall notice to replace the passenger airbag that was replaced last year. Anyone got shares in Takata? They wont be worth much now.

aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4bye4 View Post
    So here we go again. Just gat my recall advise to be ready to recieve a recall notice to replace the passenger airbag that was replaced last year. Anyone got shares in Takata? They wont be worth much now.

aaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    Got the same letter in the mail yesterday, said replacements would start occurring until March 2019 I think from memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AUST post must have done well today. Got my Nissan best wishes letter too "keep your heads down and watch out for airbag discarding sabot" until further recall active advice 31 Mar 2019 (maybe)..

Looks like the desiccant mod did not cut the mustard. So looking fwd to another two days wasted...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arrived today for our Nissan Pulsar, they told me it wasn't on the list in March.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After 3 bookings and cancellations due to NO replacement stock... My Patrol finally got the airbags replaced today.

Surprisingly, it took them next to no time. Assumption was they rip the whole dash apart. But no. They do the passenger air bag after removing the glove box. They have done this for a long time now.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If in doubt the easiest way to check your status is this link below.

https://ismyairbagsafe.com.au

once there you can use your rego number not your VIN. If your rego comes up it will redirect you to Nissan site and embed your VIN for yo into the search then search again.

Takes about 1 minute.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Hodge (13th November 2018)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast