OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 952 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4528529029429509519529539549621002 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,520 of 10453

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    @Avo Noice. Hey have you thought about protection for the sides? Like clear wrap or some of that stuff I think it's called Rhino Hide or something??? Looks so bloody nice, just too hard to go and scratch it up
    No need...Only drives it to the beach to fish or to me mum's house to fix my rig...lol

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Quad-Drive 4WD Club...Western Australia

We're all here coz we ain't all there...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MB TD42 For This Useful Post:

Avo (28th May 2020), MB (14th June 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    @Avo Noice. Hey have you thought about protection for the sides? Like clear wrap or some of that stuff I think it's called Rhino Hide or something??? Looks so bloody nice, just too hard to go and scratch it up
    I have looked at bush barriers....they do look good
    To be honest where we live after this photo I drove home 40 km and it was filthy...just off the road not even on gravel..somethinv you get use to...when we go to the city we wash it n make it look nice,otherwise,it's a car

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avo For This Useful Post:

MB (14th June 2020), MB TD42 (29th May 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completed the second rear seat frame, all painted, just stuck a layer of softish poly foam to add some cushioning, should do the trick.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 30th May 2020 at 06:19 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Clunk (3rd June 2020), MB (14th June 2020), mudnut (1st June 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually did something other than move it out of the garage for a change.

Replaced, oil, air & fuel filters & engine oil.

Cleaned out catch can and cleaned MAF.

Lubed up shock adjusters & cut my thumb.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (1st June 2020), MB (14th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having fitted both a new headlight wiring harness & a LED lightbar I waited for a nice dark night, before the moon came up over the nearby hill to see what they were like. In short 'Incredible'. I suppose everyone here who has fitted a light bar or has a mate with one already knows how bright they are, but I had only seen videos of them in action. Last night was the night - very impressive. I did note too that my headlights are whiter & brighter, & whilst effective my old IPF driving lights are very yellow in comparison. The headlight aim was way off in both planes though, & the IPF's needed adjustment as I had previously had them pointing outward to illuminate the sides of the dirt road I used to live on, in order to be able to see the wombats , roos & deer. I am confident that the lightbar will take care of that function now, more importantly if/when we find ourselves driving rough & washed out outback tracks at night again, that I will now be able to see just what I'm driving on! Has to be a good thing!

The lightbar came with it's own wiring harness intended to connect in to a standard set up. Likewise the Pirahana Superloom was designed for much the same, & of course the Ex Telstra had already had work, adding Nissan branded relays for the IPF's. In the end it was fairly simple to work out what wires to use & not use. I have chosen to leave the switch for the lightbar under the bonnet for the time being. I used the existing IPF wiring, post Telstra relay, to trigger the lightbar's relay, & so I am using a single switch on the dash to turn both lightbar & IPF's on together when on high beam. This will be my 'Offroad' set up. For on road I just switch the lightbar off under the bonnet

Will go out for a drive tonight to check my aiming adjustments done undercover today using the huge sliding doors to aim at, surprisingly it was dark enough to see what I was doing.

There are a pair of H3 Philips 'White Vision Ultra' 55w globes in the post to fit in the IPF's when they arrive. They are advertised as the whitest halogens which are road legal, & +60% distance. I'm hoping they will be better than the very yellow Repco 100w +30 globes currently in them & give the alternator an easier time too.

Whilst the lightbar is super bright (Stedi 27.5" single row 3301) I was pleased that when switching to dip beam - just the headlights, that I could still see reasonably well & it isn't like momentary blindness.

IMG_1595.jpg
    Last edited by Cuppa; 11th June 2020 at 04:43 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (11th June 2020), jay see (14th June 2020), MB (14th June 2020), Mickhead (11th June 2020), mudnut (11th June 2020), PeeBee (11th June 2020), Rossco (11th June 2020), Touses (12th June 2020), TPC (14th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had to replace the power steering pump on the old 1995 GQ work ute :-(
    I always assumed they were good for 30 years, not a measly 25 :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

mudnut (14th June 2020), PeeBee (14th June 2020), Plasnart (14th June 2020), Rossco (14th June 2020), rusty_nail (14th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,985 Times in 3,176 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    Having fitted both a new headlight wiring harness & a LED lightbar I waited for a nice dark night, before the moon came up over the nearby hill to see what they were like. In short 'Incredible'. I suppose everyone here who has fitted a light bar or has a mate with one already knows how bright they are, but I had only seen videos of them in action. Last night was the night - very impressive. I did note too that my headlights are whiter & brighter, & whilst effective my old IPF driving lights are very yellow in comparison. The headlight aim was way off in both planes though, & the IPF's needed adjustment as I had previously had them pointing outward to illuminate the sides of the dirt road I used to live on, in order to be able to see the wombats , roos & deer. I am confident that the lightbar will take care of that function now, more importantly if/when we find ourselves driving rough & washed out outback tracks at night again, that I will now be able to see just what I'm driving on! Has to be a good thing!

The lightbar came with it's own wiring harness intended to connect in to a standard set up. Likewise the Pirahana Superloom was designed for much the same, & of course the Ex Telstra had already had work, adding Nissan branded relays for the IPF's. In the end it was fairly simple to work out what wires to use & not use. I have chosen to leave the switch for the lightbar under the bonnet for the time being. I used the existing IPF wiring, post Telstra relay, to trigger the lightbar's relay, & so I am using a single switch on the dash to turn both lightbar & IPF's on together when on high beam. This will be my 'Offroad' set up. For on road I just switch the lightbar off under the bonnet

Will go out for a drive tonight to check my aiming adjustments done undercover today using the huge sliding doors to aim at, surprisingly it was dark enough to see what I was doing.

There are a pair of H3 Philips 'White Vision Ultra' 55w globes in the post to fit in the IPF's when they arrive. They are advertised as the whitest halogens which are road legal, & +60% distance. I'm hoping they will be better than the very yellow Repco 100w +30 globes currently in them & give the alternator an easier time too.

Whilst the lightbar is super bright (Stedi 27.5" single row 3301) I was pleased that when switching to dip beam - just the headlights, that I could still see reasonably well & it isn't like momentary blindness.

IMG_1595.jpg
    I have highlighted something in your write up that just doesn't fit.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (15th June 2020), Cremulator (17th June 2020), Rossco (16th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,404 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    I have highlighted something in your write up that just doesn't fit.
    Not sure I understand Tony - try substituting 'In short incredible' with 'Briefly, they were incredible" or perhaps 'In short, they were incredible' ??

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (17th June 2020), PeeBee (15th June 2020)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What did you do to your Patrol today!

Bitta wiring the new light switches in and the new winch switches in where I had the light switches.IMG_3070.jpg
    IMG_3071.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (17th June 2020)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very slick mate ^^^^