Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickhead View Post
    Attachment 80943

Marlin Log Splitter

A bit noisy though.
    WOW, what calibre, projectile weight and timber pls?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB TD42 (27th April 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    I priced those up mate, not sure where you got yours from but a metal manual wind reel with no hose was over $100 (cheapest I found was about 130) and then I would have to add a 30m hose for an additional 70-80$. I know the retracta reel is better for workshops but I'm on an apprentice wage/budget. Yeah I have heaps of expensive tools in my picture but they were purchased when I was doing bulk hours and pulling in much more coin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yeah...I hear yah...after posting this I realised that its been 18 years since I set it up...lol...time flys...

The fella I worked for back then just had 30m hose made up as extensions off the reel...Might be worth it if you come across some spare coin.

I have gone battery/gas since but still run the air gun on the hard woods and LVLs or when pushing 4inch frame nails...more punch for ya buck...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Quad-Drive 4WD Club...Western Australia

We're all here coz we ain't all there...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB TD42 View Post
    Yeah...I hear yah...after posting this I realised that its been 18 years since I set it up...lol...time flys...

The fella I worked for back then just had 30m hose made up as extensions off the reel...Might be worth it if you come across some spare coin.

I have gone battery/gas since but still run the air gun on the hard woods and LVLs or when pushing 4inch frame nails...more punch for ya buck...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Yeah mate, I have an extensive 18v tool collection, but having recently started a carpentry apprenticeship, I needed a framer. I'm not impressed with the two cordless jobs, they are heavier,, expensive and less punch.

Fwiw, I considered buying by the Meter but that is fairly expensive to, around 2.25$ per Meter, and you will need fittings.

I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

MB TD42 (28th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah mate, I have an extensive 18v tool collection, but having recently started a carpentry apprenticeship, I needed a framer. I'm not impressed with the two cordless jobs, they are heavier,, expensive and less punch.

Fwiw, I considered buying by the Meter but that is fairly expensive to, around 2.25$ per Meter, and you will need fittings.

Did you try a Pasload Gun mate? i am surprised you didnt go that way to be honest. If i was going again it would be Pasload for sure. I highly recommend a swivel filtting for your airline at tool end too for sure mate. Game changer.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    WOW, what calibre, projectile weight and timber pls?
    45 70 hardcast black widow 405 gn with 52 gn ar2208 behind it. No idea of the wood, was a random log about 2 foot x 8 inches laying around near a campfire...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickhead For This Useful Post:

MB TD42 (30th April 2020)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickhead View Post
    45 70 hardcast black widow 405 gn with 52 gn ar2208 behind it. No idea of the wood, was a random log about 2 foot x 8 inches laying around near a campfire...
    Thanks, I have a 45-70 and find the factory 400gn rounds a lot more pleasant to shoot that the 300gn I have installed a mercury recoil tube in the butt of mine and it tames the recoil quite a bit, however saying that I am waiting delivery of a muzzle brake ex the USA. When it gets here is anyone's guess.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB TD42 (30th April 2020), Mickhead (29th April 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Did you try a Pasload Gun mate? i am surprised you didnt go that way to be honest. If i was going again it would be Pasload for sure. I highly recommend a swivel filtting for your airline at tool end too for sure mate. Game changer.
    Paslode only make an air framer and a gas framer. Not cordless. The gas ones are expensive to run. The air ones were also out of my price bracket. I researched the market and ended up with a DeWalt air framer. It's just a Bostitch framer dressed up as DeWalt. In most reviews I checked it scored the same as the Paslode, the only thing it doesn't have is dry do fire protection which is fine, I just keep an eye on my magazine.

Last edited by rusty_nail; 29th April 2020 at 04:48 AM.

Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

MB TD42 (30th April 2020), MudRunnerTD (29th April 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Paslode only make an air framer and a gas framer. Not cordless. The gas ones are expensive to run. The air ones were also out of my price bracket. I researched the market and ended up with a DeWalt air framer. It's just a Bostitch framer dressed up as DeWalt. In most reviews I checked it scored the same as the Paslode, the only thing it doesn't have is dry do fire protection which is fine, I just keep an eye on my magazine.

Yeah I have a Bostich that I bought in about 1992. It has done a bit of work and has never let me down.

The Gas is nice when your cutting a roof without an air hose but it ain't that bad. You work with what you have hey.

Gas guns didn't not exist when I got mine but like the idea.

When I ran my workshop my.local tool supplier got onto swivel air fitting and they are a game changer. I don't know whether they are common now but they were rare back in the day. I worked in a big cabinet making shop after I closed my shop and the boys there could not believe it when I walked in with swivels on all my tools. They where like WTF!!! Give me a go!!!

If you have not got a swivel you NEED This! LOL. Happy to post a pic if you have not seen one.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 29th April 2020 at 07:10 PM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah I have a Bostich that I bought in about 1992. It has done a bit of work and has never let me down.

The Gas is nice when your cutting a roof without an air hose but it ain't that bad. You work with what you have hey.

Gas guns didn't not exist when I got mine but like the idea.

When I ran my workshop my.local tool supplier got onto swivel air fitting and they are a game changer. I don't know whether they are common now but they were rare back in the day. I worked in a big cabinet making shop after I closed my shop and the boys there could not believe it when I walked in with swivels on all my tools. They where like WTF!!! Give me a go!!!

If you have not got a swivel you NEED This! LOL. Happy to post a pic if you have not seen one.
    Believe I know what you're talking about but why not post up for everyone? The boss uses euro plug, it spins very well on the fitting as opposed to nitto but I'll consider grabbing one next time I'm at Bunnings

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Thanks, I have a 45-70 and find the factory 400gn rounds a lot more pleasant to shoot that the 300gn I have installed a mercury recoil tube in the butt of mine and it tames the recoil quite a bit, however saying that I am waiting delivery of a muzzle brake ex the USA. When it gets here is anyone's guess.
    Ho lee chit what are you firing them out of? my SBL is a gentle slow kicking unit ( unless youre sitting down bench resting )

Page 28 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast