Thread: 2022 Y62 advice required

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 Y62 advice required

G'day all in the Patrol forum. I'm a new member but I am a Patrol tragic having owned them for 30 years

My first Patrol was a 1992 GQ 4.2 Petrol Maverick Wagon(awesome), 10 years later I traded it for a 2000 Series 1 GU 4.5 Petrol(even more awesome).
    I now am the proud owner of a 2022 Y62(Absolutely Awesome), I still have the GU.

The Maverick was stock besides a bullbar and braking system.
    The GU has a bullbar, winch, snorkel, extractors, 2 inch lift and the upgraded 5th gear gearbox and is still under 300K's.

I'm seeking advice on upgrades to the Y62 and who to deal with.
    I'm looking for a full bullbar (no side bars), winch, snorkel, breathers, ect but don't know who to talk to. The 22 Y62 has the new front on it and I don't
    know who is up to date with this. I approached ARB and they said they would supply a quote, they took my email and phone number and I've heard nothing in two weeks. Their loss, I had anticipated about 10K in upgrades.

I know this a very full on request but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Kobi, welcome to the forum mate.

I have moved your intro to the Y62 section as this mat play out as a useful thread.

There is a fair bit of myth in the 22 updated grill being a problem but Dash offroad have fitted a few without a problem.

The S5 is the S5, the 22 is basically identical to the 2019, 20 ,21.

Given you have built a GQ and a GU I promise this is a whole new world. Brace yourself! Your $10K won't go far damn it and nothing is second hand.

I would not hang ARB out to dry just yet. Even if you are ready to put money down today you could expect 3 to 4 months wait time for a bar. Yoy might get lucky ans they have just done a run but chances are that run was sold out months ago. Don't despair, TJM, Dash, Raslaar, Rhino, Predator, any others....... are All 4 to 6 months wait...

Rear Bars will be the same. Roof rack system 2 to 4 months possibly. Everything you want could be months away.

I had my exhaust, bash plates, floor mats, Rhino bull bar, winch, DCS cranking lithium, rear locker override loom, digital dash, uhf were all on the floor of thr shed before the car arrived.. crazy!!

Where do you live mate?

Sparesbox have a 20% off sale at the moment, a great time to order your winch.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks MudrunnerTD for welcoming me to the community.

I really appreciate your advice, Its been a lot of years since I've built up a Patrol from scratch and technology has changed so much, looking forward to building another beast.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobi22 View Post
    Thanks MudrunnerTD for welcoming me to the community.

I really appreciate your advice, Its been a lot of years since I've built up a Patrol from scratch and technology has changed so much, looking forward to building another beast.
    Check out my build thread mate, got a bit going on.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...D-s-New-Wheels
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (4th June 2022)