Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have you still got the GQ diff there? If so. Measure the centre of the mounting point where the panhard rod would mount too, to a outer point on the diff. Then do the same with the GU diff. Superiors website show different rods for GU and GQ.
    Im just thinking out loud here. That maybe, the mounting point on the diff for the panhard rod is at a different measurement to the centre of the diff on the GU to the GQ? If you get what I mean. If it is, this could be why the rod is too long.
    Not sure really to be honest. @Winnie @AB. You guys have GU diffs yeah? Any ideas.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Have you still got the GQ diff there? If so. Measure the centre of the mounting point where the panhard rod would mount too, to a outer point on the diff. Then do the same with the GU diff. Superiors website show different rods for GU and GQ.
    Im just thinking out loud here. That maybe, the mounting point on the diff for the panhard rod is at a different measurement to the centre of the diff on the GU to the GQ? If you get what I mean. If it is, this could be why the rod is too long.
    Not sure really to be honest. @Winnie @AB. You guys have GU diffs yeah? Any ideas.
    Thanks for your help I did contact superior when I saw thay the Gu Ute panhards on there site were different but they told me they are all the same when I rang up it is doing my head in

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    Thanks for your help I did contact superior when I saw thay the Gu Ute panhards on there site were different but they told me they are all the same when I rang up it is doing my head in
    Is your rod that you got in the kit, dead straight? Or has a slight bend in it?

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also. What have you got? GQ ute, or Wagon?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Also. What have you got? GQ ute, or Wagon?
    My panhard is striaght and yet the one that matched my criteria on the Superior web sit was bent that is why I rang up and they said that thay are the same, I have a Gq coil waggon with a Gu Ute diff assembles apparently

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    H260 or H233 diff? 12 or 11 bolts hold the centre into the housing?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As i understand the only change to the panard rod was to the GUIV onwards as it went to a hiem joint bush (I think that is what it's called) so it would be specific. Unlikely thia is the problem.

Yes I have a Panard here that is too long too. Not Superior. Interesting though, from memory I think I have a similar problem on my GQ with Superior and GU diffs. I ran out of adjustment and accepted the borderline alignment. I have a slightly higher lift though. If I dropped to a 3" lift I would have a problem though. Was a few years ago sorry so I only vaguely remember dealing with that in my shed.

So the 5mm is still no good for you? Reality is that 5mm out is actually only 2.5mm of correction. Have you run out of thread or it bottoms out?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    As i understand the only change to the panard rod was to the GUIV onwards as it went to a hiem joint bush (I think that is what it's called) so it would be specific. Unlikely thia is the problem.

Yes I have a Panard here that is too long too. Not Superior. Interesting though, from memory I think I have a similar problem on my GQ with Superior and GU diffs. I ran out of adjustment and accepted the borderline alignment. I have a slightly higher lift though. If I dropped to a 3" lift I would have a problem though. Was a few years ago sorry so I only vaguely remember dealing with that in my shed.

So the 5mm is still no good for you? Reality is that 5mm out is actually only 2.5mm of correction. Have you run out of thread or it bottoms out?
    It screwed up all the way up to the nut then I took the second nut off and gained 5 mm before it bottemed out, and yeah I ready thought if I had a 4 inch lift it would solve the problem appart from not being legal witch I didn't want

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, based on the amount of money you have shelled out, this kit should be foolproof. Making compromises should not be within the field of purchase unless you know they are there to begin with. This sorry tale brings back all the dramas I have had with the chev and s/c conversion, all supposedly well developed and thought out 'kits' - could not be further from the truth. I would be telling Superior to either fix the issue to your expectation, as defined in their literature, or take them to fair trading for misrepresentation or rip it out and send it back for a full refund. A number of the suggestions above are pragmatic solutions however really are compromises on what you expected the kit to deliver. At the end of the day its your cash and what value you expect to get for it - I mean there have been issues with the springs as well from memory - the manufacturer should not be allowed to dish this up and expect the consumer to swallow it. Just my 2C.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast