OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Radius Fab air cleaner doing my head in ?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,496 Times in 6,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Images off google of that airbox in a GA with an LS in it. Hope it helps

Looks like yours is sitting way to high

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Yes I see what you are saying but the centreline of the turbo to the box 90 deg bend are off about 20mm or there about I reckon - Agree the mount holes could be reworked but I guess after you spend the coin the finished product should fit and not require surgery for a standard 'custom' fitment?
    Understand too well Phil, but there are so many build variations out there and one sock does not necessarily fit all. So when one goes outside the square you may have to be prepared customize bits to suit as we all do, or go to bat and sometimes it is just as easy to jump in and sort it yourself.

To install Radius LS1 in the GU, you have to move the Aux battery tray(if fitted) so not straight install there either.

I guess Radius Fab have located their inlet pipe in the side of box(facing front) is to allow for positioning box fwd/aft.
    Pics posted by MudRunnerTD show box moved significantly towards firewall(note the 90 Deg bend).

IMO, If the box was moved towards firewall sure it will come together.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I give up I have roughly lined up the snorkel something a bit weird happening there as well but any way it tells me that the hole is correct bit no matter where I put the box it doesn't work and when it satartsnto work the brackets are so far out of wack that it doesn't work I would love to see some picks of some ones else's set up,if I slide the bix all the way up to the front and rock it back towards the gaurd it just sits below the lip but the brackets are crooked and the snorkel hole is way of

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    Well I give up I have roughly lined up the snorkel something a bit weird happening there as well but any way it tells me that the hole is correct bit no matter where I put the box it doesn't work and when it satartsnto work the brackets are so far out of wack that it doesn't work I would love to see some picks of some ones else's set up,if I slide the bix all the way up to the front and rock it back towards the gaurd it just sits below the lip but the brackets are crooked and the snorkel hole is way of
    OK as MudRunnerTD said
    Looks like yours is sitting way to high
    . Look at the brkt to hole relationship in his photos, as I said earlier move box toward eng. You will see in his pics that the hole that you were using to secure brkt is visible on the top side of his shown brkt. This will drop your box height (yes)?

What happens when you do this, Give us a pic mate.

A bit hard for you to go back to Radius as I read earlier that you have shaved some of the lid off. Not a good idea on a panel filter.

You should get there, hang in mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the pic I was looking for check this out.the box sites just behind the first pannal bult and it sits flat but mine in the same position is way to high so something is wronge there
    20190202_154430.jpg
    14899947151010_zpscc6lk1oz.jpg

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only thing I can say is take a look at the Radius LS1 outer edge against the inner guard:

Red body panel pic - the LS1 lid runs parallel with inner guard.

In your trial fit, the LS1 lid runs towards the inner guard at the front corner / outer edge (is not parallel) and also rises up above inner guard bead edge because it ramps up..

Looks like the LS1 has only the one fix down strap that is welded to underneath face of box. Need to swing the box towards the engine at the front. Try using the second threaded hole (being the lower one). This should swing the box at the front towards the engine and the box should be more parallel with inner guard and bring height down as well.
    If you need to move box closer to eng make the holes in the fixing strap elongated or drill new holes in the fixing strap to improve placement.

If the LS1 outlet spigot /pipe is higher than the turbo inlet center, just turn the 90 deg bend down slightly and use a SS straight pipe section and say a 45 degree elbow to turbo inlet. Trim silicon fittings as well to fit.

What do you think?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All great help being extended her, so I think some of the suggestions need to be explored and crossed off the list. The overall 'attitude' of the box seems way off, like its sitting on a high spot, and moving it towards the firewall might be the answer, as long as it allows the box to sit down a bit further. Its just a mystery why such a 'standard custom' bit of gear that no doubt has been made before is not fitting in a 'logical' position?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Bidja (3rd February 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I tried everything until I read a post about a guy having the same problem hr contacted Radius and the confirmed the it wasn't the box and that he did have the right mounting locations,they advised him to bend the mounts to suit the inner gaurd well that wasn't enough so he modified the inner gaurd and so did I so i entered into extreem negations with a hammer and beat the bloody inner guard down and twisted the mounts to suit and to hold it down on it's freshly made bed lol
    20190204_201316.jpg20190204_201259.jpg20190204_201248.jpg20190204_201234.jpg
    20190204_201225.jpg
    So now it has gone from being proud to siting 12 to 15 mm below the bonnet

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem now is how the hell am I going to line up the turbo and air box the problem is that this is made for a Radius exhaust manifold and I have a Denco high mount they did ask me what I had before making the box so I thought that it would of been made accordingly he even said "ahh yeah the Dencos roll over compared to ours"
    20190204_201414.jpg20190204_201405.jpg

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good the box is sorted. For the hook up to turbo by 1 or 2 x 45deg elbows and a straight piece of 4 SS to join up and have a play, You will sort it, one step at a time

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast