Hybrid View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi mate,
    Philippe from the other side of the planet (FRANCE).

When you play with the needle, from closed to opened, do you see the actuator arm moving from one end to the other ?

if you take the vacuum hose off, you have the VNT wide open, and no boost. Normal behaviour.

To close it and have boost, you need to have vacuum, so that VNT is closed, with arm touching the limiting screw.

Playing with needle valve should show you that the arm moves, and that you have a good vacuum in the hose.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phdv61 View Post
    hi mate,
    Philippe from the other side of the planet (FRANCE).

When you play with the needle, from closed to opened, do you see the actuator arm moving from one end to the other ?

if you take the vacuum hose off, you have the VNT wide open, and no boost. Normal behaviour.

To close it and have boost, you need to have vacuum, so that VNT is closed, with arm touching the limiting screw.

Playing with needle valve should show you that the arm moves, and that you have a good vacuum in the hose.
    Thanks Phillipe that is exactly how it is I have the boost at 15lb and spool up is good but still no grunt for take off from idle. At least I get moving if I turn off the Air con.