Thread: Leaking diesel

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Leaking diesel

A few weeks back my mighty GU was stalling [nearly] when stopped whislt cold .
    After that it ran fine started well no problems at all.
    So I warmed it up longer thinking fuel was leaking back some how, then it struggled
    to start but once started it was fine. Then I could smell diesel and looking under the GU
    there was a pool of fuel. Had a mechanic friend have a look and found the return
    fuel line was perished and leaking fuel under pressure. $8.75 later for some 6mm fuel line from
    Super Cheap and all was well again. The mighty GU is better than ever. Gotta love a happy ending
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (24th June 2019), GQtdauto (25th June 2019), mudnut (24th June 2019), MudRunnerTD (24th June 2019), Stropp (25th June 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    So I warmed it up longer thinking fuel was leaking back some how, then it struggled
    to start but once started it was fine. Then I could smell diesel and looking under the GU
    there was a pool of fuel. Had a mechanic friend have a look and found the return
    fuel line was perished and leaking fuel under pressure. $8.75 later for some 6mm fuel line from
    Super Cheap and all was well again. The mighty GU is better than ever. Gotta love a happy ending
    Love a happy ending. Cheap. Easy.
    GU are simple enough to fix but complex enough to be good. Im going to miss them one day when they are gone for good from main stream.

I been riding a prado 120 for last 12 years. Only owning my GU td42ti for a year . As usual im late to the party. I should of done it earlier. They are great cars.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to drgtr For This Useful Post:

threedogs (26th June 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for this mine is doing the same time to check the return hoses.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,263 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Jesus its like I have tourettes sometimes. I need to say it...
    Dont we all love a happy ending?!