Thread: The dents need your help

Thanks
    Thanked 20,757 Times in 8,578 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The dents need your help

Folks, I have just heard some shocking news tonight from our major sponsor Atoc Auto.

Friends of Atoc have had something horrible happen to them.

Have a read and see images below, I CANNOT BELIEVE THE SIZE OF THE TREE AND HOW THEY SURVIVED!

On Saturday 4th August Clint Dent was at his good mates Bucks/Camping trip.

The boys had spent the day hanging around the campfire and setting up camp at Frenchmans Camp off Big River Road.

Around midnight the guys (pictured in the bottom photo) were all sitting around in their chairs joking, laughing and enjoying the warmth of the fire when they heard an almighty cracking sound; not the kind of crack you look up to see where it is coming from, but the kind of crack you knew instantly that if you didn't run you would die.

The guys ran away from the sound, most making it to safety by diving under nearby vehicles. Unfortunately, without knowing, Clint ran in the same direction as the falling tree and was crushed to the ground by the 30 meter Ghost Gum.

It took his mates and nearby campers some time to cut Clint free, removing him and the others to safety. With no phone service they had no other option but to use what little they had to stretcher Clint and the others into three separate vehicles to make the 45min journey by dirt to the nearest main road to meet the ambulance. From here Clint was rushed to Marysville oval & taken by air ambulance to the Alfred Hospital, arriving some 4 ½ hours after the accident occurred.

Clint's injuries are extensive, he will be undergoing many surgeries with a long road of rehab ahead. His injuries include: a broken spine in 3 places, a broken jaw & smashed teeth, a broken Femur, a shattered Tibia and Fibula bone which was protruding from his leg, suspected neck injuries & nerve damage to his right arm. All injuries requiring separate surgeries

Clint's wife Leesa with kids Matilda and Bailey are driving from their home in Warragul to the Alfred each day, which is a 3 hour return trip.

Clint runs his own business to pay the bills and support his family, his business has since come to a stop.

This accident could possibly leave him out of work for a significantly lengthy period of time, adding great financial stress to their family in a time when they should only be concentrating on Clint’s recovery; a recovery which will include extensive rehabilitation, countless physio appointments, and the need to make their home wheelchair friendly.

We are committed to standing by our friends Clint, Leesa & their children. We have set up this Go Fund Me Page in the hope of raising as much as we can to help ease the burden - this is where we need your help.

Please feel free to donate anything you can and please also share this as much as you can.

I'll start to share this around Facebook too.

https://www.gofundme.com/the-dents-need-our-help

Any amount is appreciated!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

Bob (10th August 2018), mudski (9th August 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah thats fucking insane. I chucked a few bucks in and have shared this aswell.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

AB (9th August 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an amazing family. I look after Matilda and bailey at work. Lovely children. Thinking of them at this terrible time.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnies-missus For This Useful Post:

AB (9th August 2018), PeeBee (9th August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,415 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Clint is pretty big in the comp 4x4 scene. He helped me build my winch and welded the bracing on for me. He gave me heaps of advice and is generally a good bloke!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Rossco (10th August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Folks, I have just heard some shocking news tonight from our major sponsor Atoc Auto.

Friends of Atoc have had something horrible happen to them.

Have a read and see images below, I CANNOT BELIEVE THE SIZE OF THE TREE AND HOW THEY SURVIVED!

On Saturday 4th August Clint Dent was at his good mates Bucks/Camping trip.

The boys had spent the day hanging around the campfire and setting up camp at Frenchmans Camp off Big River Road.

Around midnight the guys (pictured in the bottom photo) were all sitting around in their chairs joking, laughing and enjoying the warmth of the fire when they heard an almighty cracking sound; not the kind of crack you look up to see where it is coming from, but the kind of crack you knew instantly that if you didn't run you would die.

The guys ran away from the sound, most making it to safety by diving under nearby vehicles. Unfortunately, without knowing, Clint ran in the same direction as the falling tree and was crushed to the ground by the 30 meter Ghost Gum.

It took his mates and nearby campers some time to cut Clint free, removing him and the others to safety. With no phone service they had no other option but to use what little they had to stretcher Clint and the others into three separate vehicles to make the 45min journey by dirt to the nearest main road to meet the ambulance. From here Clint was rushed to Marysville oval & taken by air ambulance to the Alfred Hospital, arriving some 4 ½ hours after the accident occurred.

Clint's injuries are extensive, he will be undergoing many surgeries with a long road of rehab ahead. His injuries include: a broken spine in 3 places, a broken jaw & smashed teeth, a broken Femur, a shattered Tibia and Fibula bone which was protruding from his leg, suspected neck injuries & nerve damage to his right arm. All injuries requiring separate surgeries

Clint's wife Leesa with kids Matilda and Bailey are driving from their home in Warragul to the Alfred each day, which is a 3 hour return trip.

Clint runs his own business to pay the bills and support his family, his business has since come to a stop.

This accident could possibly leave him out of work for a significantly lengthy period of time, adding great financial stress to their family in a time when they should only be concentrating on Clint’s recovery; a recovery which will include extensive rehabilitation, countless physio appointments, and the need to make their home wheelchair friendly.

We are committed to standing by our friends Clint, Leesa & their children. We have set up this Go Fund Me Page in the hope of raising as much as we can to help ease the burden - this is where we need your help.

Please feel free to donate anything you can and please also share this as much as you can.

I'll start to share this around Facebook too.

https://www.gofundme.com/the-dents-need-our-help

Any amount is appreciated!

This occurrence is very sad and extremely traumatic especially for the family directly impacted by it. This is a freak accident but deserves high visibility so to gain support.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job