OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is needed for a basic 4 inch lift ?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,507 Times in 6,602 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    In my opinion. if your going to go 3 inch you your better of going 4inch as your going to be technically illegal and 1 inch over the max allowed is not a lot at all. plus you will find that you will still need an adjustable drag link, adjustable panhard rods plus the rear upper and lower control arms. If you want to do it properly. Or, just buy a decent two kit. 3 inch just seems a waste of time.
    I have a 3" lift under my GU and its a great height. Enough room to run 35s without too many issues. Doesnt stand out. Enough lift to get the drop boxes in as a 2" lift your stuck with bushes only. You dont need to change rear trailing arms at all on a 3". I would change out the lowers for HD standard length though which i have done. You can get away with standard panards to if you want.

4" then absolutely do need adjustable panards front and rear and Upper trailing arm adjustment added to the list.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 4th July 2018 at 10:18 AM.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much flex can you get out of a 2 inch compared to a 4 inch

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    How much flex can you get out of a 2 inch compared to a 4 inch
    What ever you want to install on either. It depends on how well you want it to perform, how much fabrication you are willing to do, I like have heaps of flex on my ute. I like it to drive nice too.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Iron-man 4" Lift kit(Coils, shocks, adjustable panhard rods, extended brke lines, castor plates, sway bar links, all rear trailing arms, and abrake proportioning valve bracket) Cost me 2500$ total, because at the 4wd show, one of the guys at the stall accidentally gave me the wrong price.
    I used the quote he gave me as proof, and only got charged 2500. I have since installed extended bump-stops, a extra heavy duty roadsafe draglink and tough dog XHD steering damper so that takes it up to about 3200.

I am very happy with my suspension. It has heaps of flex and is more comfortable to ride in than standard. A funny thing is the rear right swaybar link had a bolt come out, and when you plant it in second on a hard corner, the front left wheel comes a good 200mm of the ground!
    But because of this I get more flex, so I still havent got it fitted.

The only gripe I have is te rer trailing rms. they are iroman ones and they are SHIT. Never buy them people.

Cheers
    Td42 coily

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info Jacko I was warned off Iron-man because it was said it was cheap crap but maybe some were wrong

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123