OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 900 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 4008008508908988999009019029109501000 ... LastLast
Results 8,991 to 9,000 of 10474

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still chasing the power steering fluid leak , replaced the return line thinking it was the culprit , cracked and split and seemed to have the most oil on it but no not that easy .
    Doesn't appear to be the pump so must be the high pressure line maybe , oil is spraying onto the top of the injector pump so has to be upper rather than lower hopefully .
    Round 2 tomorrow.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suspecting it was the high pressure hose I wrapped it lightly in cloth to stop it spraying everywhere and took it for a drive to see if it was the hose or coming from somewhere else but the bloody thing has either stopped leaking or being lightly wrapped in cloth has fixed a high pressure leak .
    Other than that might be time to call a priest in for an exorcism.
    IMG_9504.JPG

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,283 Times in 6,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Still chasing the power steering fluid leak , replaced the return line thinking it was the culprit , cracked and split and seemed to have the most oil on it but no not that easy .
    Doesn't appear to be the pump so must be the high pressure line maybe , oil is spraying onto the top of the injector pump so has to be upper rather than lower hopefully .
    Round 2 tomorrow.
    Its definitely power steering fluid? the top of my pump is always wet, Im guessing its a dud seal in the top of the pump...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (12th April 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's red oil and I have to top it up every now and then so yep it's coming from the pump system somewhere , might leave the cloth on there for a few days to confirm it but if it is leaking from the pump itself it will spray over the injector pump again and give me the culprit .
    Thanks mudski

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

mudski (14th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    It's red oil and I have to top it up every now and then so yep it's coming from the pump system somewhere , might leave the cloth on there for a few days to confirm it but if it is leaking from the pump itself it will spray over the injector pump again and give me the culprit .
    Thanks mudski
    There is a bolt with a sealing washer on it inside the reservoir that holds the reservoir to the pump. These can leak when they get old and also if the bolt is a little lose. You coukd try nip it up a little and see if that could ve the issue. You can get to the bolt with a 3/8 drive 12mm socket and extension down the filler hole.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Bidja (13th April 2019), GQtdauto (12th April 2019), mudski (12th April 2019), threedogs (13th April 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    There is a bolt with a sealing washer on it inside the reservoir that holds the reservoir to the pump. These can leak when they get old and also if the bolt is a little lose. You coukd try nip it up a little and see if that could ve the issue. You can get to the bolt with a 3/8 drive 12mm socket and extension down the filler hole.
    You are unbelievable! This sort of knowledge and attention to detail is extraordinary - great asset to the forum for sure.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    You are unbelievable! This sort of knowledge and attention to detail is extraordinary - great asset to the forum for sure.
    Yeah bloody oath. That bit of info is now stored in the memory bank, right next to the other bank...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nissannewby View Post
    Yes great tip and thanks for the info will check it out tomorrow because we did do mostly off road on some of the heavily corrugated tracks up north I'm still finding bolts and nuts that are loose .

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Yeah bloody oath. That bit of info is now stored in the memory bank, right next to the other bank...
    what the one that wont fix your pride and joy lol
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

14. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

mudski (14th April 2019)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Few things. Got the zorst back on after welding up the mid and rear bracket after both were snapped off. New gaskets too. Hopefully this was the cause of the exhaust smell in the cab. One of the gaskets, not pictured was in pretty bad shape.
    IMG_0813.jpg
    Then replaced the inline fuel filter that I added in years ago to filter the fuel from the sub tank to the main tank. Needed to say the filter was pretty blocked.
    IMG_0812.jpg
    I also did and oil change, catch can filter change, air filter change, replace front left indicator assy, cut and polished the roof then added a coat of wax to it before i put the roof rack back on. Degreased under the Patrol, then parked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 900 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 4008008508908988999009019029109501000 ... LastLast