Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: show us your motor bike

Thanks
    Thanked 11,241 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Husky must have thankfully been ADR compliance plated then Mr Mark?
    It’s possible its just an agricultural bike issue too I guess?
    Our nearest Yamaha rep I spoke with over the phone upon nearly placing the order for their AG200F said although it had all the bells and whistles mentioned above it wasn’t ADR approved for full road registration, only reccy or farm registration allowed on their model.
    Same scenario I’m lead to believe too for the Kawasaki Stockman 250 and also the Suzuki Trojan 199?
    Maybe it’s their lower AG gearing holding them back which wouldn’t allow them to keep up on arterial roads at 100kmph?
    Honda on this new release XR190L appear to have kept a low 1st for paddock crawling without fanning the clutch yet stretched out the top ratios to hopefully keep up out on the highways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    @Grant209 BMW the most under rated motor bike ever
    Threedogs

I find BMW's are like any bike, You Either Like Them or You Don't lol.

I have generally always liked Touring Bikes, My 2nd bike was a Kawasaki GTR1000, then a 10 year brake before I got the R1150RT in 2016. I had always liked the R1150RT's, but did look at a FJR1300 n 2016 as well, as I've been told by many with RT history that the FJR1300 is even better . . . but the AM/FM Radio of the RT swayed me back to the BMW. I do find the RT solid, stable confident bike on the road . . . so the FJR does make me wonder.

Been asked about maintenance cost of the BMW a couple of times, but the internet now days offers up so much information, thanks to YouTube it has given me the confidants to do all my own maintenance and repairs on the RT which has help greatly, and I generally work on the theory if it's running nice, don't touch it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    @Grant209
    See yo got to meet Santa, whats he like lol
    Have known Santa for 2 years now, I see him 4 to 6 times a year at charity bike events, He's a big figure and is loved by all who knows him. He's does a lot of charity stuff and treats me well each time I see him, so generally get on well with him.
    Last edited by Grant209; 3rd September 2020 at 07:46 AM.
    Grant

Penrith Region
    Sydney NSW.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Grant209 For This Useful Post:

threedogs (16th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought this beast a month ago. Suzuki C109RT Boulevard. 109 CI or 1800 cc. Unregistered when I got it, needed new tyres & a tidy up. Finally got it on the road a week ago.
    Fitted with a Gman EFI controller & Timing Retard Eliminator.

IMAG0842a.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VK2FMIA; 3rd September 2020 at 07:52 AM.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VK2FMIA For This Useful Post:

MB (5th September 2020), NissanGQ4.2 (4th September 2020), Plasnart (3rd September 2020), threedogs (17th September 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what Victoria needs more of - "Retard Eliminators" (see post above ^^^^^)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BillsGU For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (10th December 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsGU View Post
    Here is my 1985 BMW R80RT that I have spent some time restoring. It rides well and is very reliable but I still want to do a few bits and pieces before it is finished.

The bike is sitting on the turn table I made up so I can ride it into the shed, spin it around and it's ready to ride out again. Saves trying to do a 100 point turn in the shed.
    I had a very similar R100RT for a while. Bought it when the K series were first released. Prices of twins plummeted for a shor time & I got it for a song. Sadly it dodn't excite my youthful (at the time) self, & I sold it after 5 months & a trip around around France. By then the prices had gone back up, & I did quite well on the sale & bought a Mk2 Guzzi Le Mans. These days I'd probably opt for an RT (or RS) over a Le Mans .... easier on the wrists! Lovely clean looking bike you have there @BillsGU

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cuppa It's a 1985 model (the first of the mono shock) and I have had it for 17 years. It was fairly ordinary when I purchased it and initially I spent a lot of time on it by pulling it apart and refurbishing it from scratch. It has been parked up for a couple of years because I just have not had the time to ride it, but last year I did some sorely needed maintenance on it - took it for a test ride - and fell in love with it all over again. It goes very well and is a pleasure to ride.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fiftieth birthday present from a couple of years ago.
    Was a brand new Harley breakout heavily customised by Westside customs in Perth

DSCN4511.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    DSCN4651.JPG

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Figjam For This Useful Post:

Avo (4th September 2020), MB (5th September 2020), NissanGQ4.2 (4th September 2020), threedogs (16th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Figjam View Post
    My fiftieth birthday present from a couple of years ago.
    Was a brand new Harley breakout heavily customised by Westside customs in Perth
    Is that a rigid rear end Figjam?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not rigid. It is a soft tail with an airbagged rear.
    Rear end rises up 2-3 inches from stance in photos

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Figjam For This Useful Post:

Plasnart (4th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,880 Times in 3,231 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta say this thread is depressing, and think a mod should permanently delete it!!!!
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast