OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1123 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 12362310231073111311211122112311241125113311731223 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,230 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    In my opinion there are two things involved in Bitcoin.
    One, the concept of a totally non underwritten digital currency.
    Two, the concept of Blockchain transactions.

There is no intrinsic value in Bitcoin because it only exists in the mind.
    There is no security in Bitcoin because it isn't underwritten by anything of intrinsic value or promise.
    What there was once thought to be was 100% security in the block chain transaction of the non-existent bitcoin but that was shot down with the latest hacks where the cyber crims have been 'stealing' bitcoins and other digital currency from the miners.
    Bitcoin is, for the most part, underwritten by the dark web and it's inhabitants and speculators who by sheer mass can pump and dump as they choose.

If you get ripped with any digital currency you are screwed.
    You can't prove where it came from and you can't prove where it went which is the whole reason for its existence IE the G man can't trace it or know you have it.
    It only has exchange value while someone else agrees with you.
    Money, Bonds, Shares, etc all have the same issue to point but the difference is the underlying value
    All you have with digital currency is a digital certificate.
    You can't get the value of the digital certificate from the digital miners, you can only get value from some other dude who is willing to swap certificates for something of value usually hard currency.

Bottom line, IMHO, is that Bitcoin is purely a speculative investment IE if you can't afford to lose 100% of the investment then don't invest and only use it as an immediate 'in one hand out the other' transaction that you don't want anyone else to be able to ever see.
    You can't get the value of the digital certificate from the digital miners, you can only get value from some other dude who is willing to swap certificates for something of value usually hard currency.

Well said.

Unless you love a flutter and are prepared to lose steer clear of them.
    Last edited by Bob; 24th March 2018 at 01:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,314 Times in 6,442 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    Bottom line, IMHO, is that Bitcoin is purely a speculative investment IE if you can't afford to lose 100% of the investment then don't invest and only use it as an immediate 'in one hand out the other' transaction that you don't want anyone else to be able to ever see.
    Spot on with that. Be prepared to lose a lot.
    I only "dabble" in it, so if i lose a lot its no big issue. Still learning about it through a friend. I'd really love to learn how to trade in shares rather than just having a managed fund, but finding time to learn it all I just can't be assed.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Spot on with that. Be prepared to lose a lot.
    I only "dabble" in it, so if i lose a lot its no big issue. Still learning about it through a friend. I'd really love to learn how to trade in shares rather than just having a managed fund, but finding time to learn it all I just can't be assed.
    Buy a book called Rule#1 investing. You'll be pretty shitty when it is spelled out how much your fund manager can make off of your stale investment over its life time.
    You'll be paying for the fancy lunches with clients, their new Mercedes or Porsche, the family home in Brighton or Toorak or St kilda west, their Daughters Education at Melbourne Girls Grammar and so on.
    Piss off your fund manager and get off your arse and learn to do it yourself.
    Small time retail investors with some knowledge are much more agile when it comes to the share market. The big players not so much.
    Go and learn about fundamental analysis of a company or the Warren Buffett way if you want to call it that.
    Then learn about some key areas of technical analysis, to help better time your trades. Etc
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ben-e-boy For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (24th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree Ben the buggers are living high on your hog , I invested in a house and used the rental as my sole source of income after my accident ,bricks and mortar .
    Only real down side is tenants , just moved out tenants and fun me I have three barrow loads of dog shit on the back lawn a brand new stove that hasn't been cleaned in four years ,their cat has used the curtains for a scratching post and cigarette burns in all carpets bar two and one of them has had printer ink spread liberally just for effect .

Thanks
    Thanked 3,774 Times in 2,034 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Agree Ben the buggers are living high on your hog , I invested in a house and used the rental as my sole source of income after my accident ,bricks and mortar .
    Only real down side is tenants , just moved out tenants and fun me I have three barrow loads of dog shit on the back lawn a brand new stove that hasn't been cleaned in four years ,their cat has used the curtains for a scratching post and cigarette burns in all carpets bar two and one of them has had printer ink spread liberally just for effect .
    And your agent didn't notice a problem...

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    And your agent didn't notice a problem...

Agent I've used has had 3-4 different managers over the four years and every inspection we have had to point out damage etc .
    Won't be using them again .

Thanks
    Thanked 3,774 Times in 2,034 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Agent I've used has had 3-4 different managers over the four years and every inspection we have had to point out damage etc .
    Won't be using them again .
    Yeah go and find a different company mate they don't deserve your business.

12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (24th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,763 Times in 8,580 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got banned from a local Facebook regional page because I said cats should be shot if outside because of irresponsible owners etc and explained the damage they cause etc.

A million pussy huggers jumped in and flamed me...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (24th March 2018), jack (24th March 2018), NissanGQ4.2 (24th March 2018), Woof (25th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Got banned from a local Facebook regional page because I said cats should be shot if outside because of irresponsible owners etc and explained the damage they cause etc.

A million pussy huggers jumped in and flamed me...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bahahahahaha you been pussy whipped
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

AB (24th March 2018), Avo (24th March 2018), GQtdauto (24th March 2018), Winnie (25th March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeez getting banned is a bit harsh... its not like you said 'and their owners bum raped with a pineapple, green end first' which should also be mandatory.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

AB (24th March 2018), Avo (24th March 2018), GQtdauto (24th March 2018), Winnie (25th March 2018)

Page 1123 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 12362310231073111311211122112311241125113311731223 ... LastLast