OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1420 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 420920132013701410141814191420142114221430 ... LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,200 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,319 Times in 6,443 Posts
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Had a contractor team lined up for a month to execute a critical portion of work within an integrated plan and they pulled the pin 2 days before the start date - didn't even call, I rang to check they were set to arrive and it was a simple 'nah mate, got something else on, can't make, how about next month'. Just where and what system allows this behaviour to evolve and become 'good business practice'? Now scrambling to find someone else with 48 hrs out from a 1 month task, racing the start of the wet season. Its 43 degC today, started at 5% RH at 6am, now 3% and slightly windy, absolute killer conditions - knocked the crew off at 2pm, simply too hard and dangerous.
    Unfortunately thats how trades work these days. They get a better job, over yours, even though yours is booked,they just won't turn up. Had it happen to me a lot during our extension.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Unfortunately thats how trades work these days. They get a better job, over yours, even though yours is booked,they just won't turn up. Had it happen to me a lot during our extension.
    I agree mate, and to further that point, I have just been through a job search. Never has it been so easy to find a great job. Every business I interviewed with dangled every carrot at their disposal to get me onboard. Id love to think otherwise and that I'm just really desirable, but I feel the truth of the matter is that currently businesses are that desperate to find someone who vaguely fits the JD that they will take who they can get then develop that person if they are willing to learn.

There are so many local businesses with signs out the front practically begging for new employees. Obviously this has a flow on effect to businesses and taking on work, they can pick and choose the jobs they want when they want as the work will most likely be there later... If they still need it.

I'm sure things will turn around in the next 12 months but for now it just seems to be tough for any business owner.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

mudski (27th October 2022)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    I agree mate, and to further that point, I have just been through a job search. Never has it been so easy to find a great job. Every business I interviewed with dangled every carrot at their disposal to get me onboard. Id love to think otherwise and that I'm just really desirable, but I feel the truth of the matter is that currently businesses are that desperate to find someone who vaguely fits the JD that they will take who they can get then develop that person if they are willing to learn.

There are so many local businesses with signs out the front practically begging for new employees. Obviously this has a flow on effect to businesses and taking on work, they can pick and choose the jobs they want when they want as the work will most likely be there later... If they still need it.

I'm sure things will turn around in the next 12 months but for now it just seems to be tough for any business owner.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    I personally don't think things will change any time soon, times have changed especially since Covid, potential employees (in certain areas of business) seeking jobs now seem to be making the rules as I hear on 3AW(yes old man radio), people turning up for an interview and then demanding outrageous requests from the employer if they wish to start working with them. Some of the example said were, bringing their pets to work, starting later than supposed to, having multiple "stress breaks" each day, leaving earlier than supposed too, having gym sessions paid by the employer etc etc. One guy rang and owns a restaurant and couldn't even get a kitchen hand to wash dishes for $35 an hour! Insane.
    Im actually a little concerned for this country, of this self entitled generation who will be next inline to run the place.

Anyhoo back on topic! Anyone know a roofing plumber, that will turn up? Our guttering, that was put on our extension, overflows with the slightest amount of rain, and the down pipes are not blocked too. :P

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (27th October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 492 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over here big companies (not small business and restaurants like in the situation you described) do offer gym sessions and actually encourage employees to use them. Their point is having people loose weight, improve self stem, be healthier, better immune systems, less prone to depression, and all other benefits that come with taking care of your body. The end results, according to the companies own studies, are healthier, energetic and better motivated people that go the extra mile AND with less sick days required. So for these companies, this pays off.

Regarding late start or early leave, that is really up to the type of job in question. That are people that are clearly able to deliver a lot when given tasks with just the deadline and left alone to do it, rather then having to obey punch clocks. Off course, that is TOTALLY job type related. Tasks that can be done by one person with little intervention.

Now, for bringing pets, fark, that's too much... it reveals an immature personality which is something I wouldn't want when building a team.
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (27th October 2022), mudski (27th October 2022)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 2,686 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my daughter was with the NDIS, they introduced a policy where people could bring their pets, dogs, cats rabbits, birds lizards, you name it, into the functioning office we the tax payers are funding, even though it operates at 3% productivity at best, then found there were some incompatibilities with this strategy, the major one being the board room turned into a shit field, and became impossible to be used for the stink, ummmm, yeah animals to work, maybe not so good.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    the major one being the board room turned into a shit field, and became impossible to be used for the stink, ummmm, yeah animals to work, maybe not so good.
    That the issue I had with the builder for our extension. He’d bring his dog every day and let it shit everywhere and just leave it there. I quickly put a stop to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (27th October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,038 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found out that a good mate of my brother that we both knew for over 30 years passed this afternoon aged 51.

Guys stay onto of your health. Death doesn't discriminate..

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MB (29th October 2022), mudnut (28th October 2022), mudski (28th October 2022), Rossco (28th October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not anger but more disheartened with the news from one dealership, but angry with another dealership. Pre-ordered parts (rocker cover gasket) to lessen the blow on service day after advice from a dealership. Stuffed around for nearly 6 months waiting, waiting, waiting. I took it to another dealership for servicing, who serviced my bike and told me I need a new head gasket. My baby was leaking oil, bad. Part has to come from overseas, with a 2-3 month wait. Nearly $2k to fix it. I've spent too much money on it to 'part it out'. Couldn't leave the bike there for that long, so had to organize transport and storage, and my nearly 300km, one way trip home via train. I'm so glad I found a dealership that knows and does what they're talking about! This summers' bike riding is almost done and dusted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86172
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

MB (30th October 2022), mudnut (31st October 2022), mudski (31st October 2022), Touses (31st October 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,286 Times in 492 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utterly ashamed that 50% of people in my country sympathize to and elect one convicted criminal for the most representative position of the country.
    Brazilians will now be seen worldwide as people that not only have to live with crime, but also endorse it...
    Never gave that much attention to politics but this time I am really depressed with the outcome.
    1997 Blue Nissan Patrol Y60 blacktop TD42 - Honey Badger (build thread)
    2006 White Nissan Patrol Y61 TB45 - G-Unicorn (build thread)
    1997 Red Suzuki Samurai Canvas Top SJ413 - Tatui
    2005 White Toyota Landcruiser FZJ105 - Stormtrooper

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrazilianY60 For This Useful Post:

MB (1st November 2022), rusty_nail (1st November 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilianY60 View Post
    Utterly ashamed that 50% of people in my country sympathize to and elect one convicted criminal for the most representative position of the country.
    Brazilians will now be seen worldwide as people that not only have to live with crime, but also endorse it...
    Never gave that much attention to politics but this time I am really depressed with the outcome.
    My mate here at work is Brazilian, he just came in swearing to never go back to Brazil now

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to growler2058 For This Useful Post:

MB (1st November 2022)

Page 1420 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 420920132013701410141814191420142114221430 ... LastLast