OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1169 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 16966910691119115911671168116911701171117912191269 ... LastLast
Results 11,681 to 11,690 of 14491

Thread: What has made you Angry Today???????

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,717 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben-e-boy View Post
    Where do mean clearance? Also note that the shock mounts aren't symmetrical from factory. Look at then in relation to the hub on each side
    OK, finished for the day, will look later. By difference in clearance I mean from shocker body to the air bag mount plate. Drv side maybe 25mm, passenger maybe 12mm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Lift more than 2", would say adjustable panhards would be needed to bring diff back to center. Would look at F/R.

That shock took a hiding.
    Hard to actually say what the lift is as I correct it via the airbags. i can have it sitting level or raised, just depends on the load, and then the tracks. If too high it rides hard, but too low and i catch reaw rear bar on drop offs too much.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Hard to actually say what the lift is as I correct it via the airbags. i can have it sitting level or raised, just depends on the load, and then the tracks. If too high it rides hard, but too low and i catch reaw rear bar on drop offs too much.
    Yeah Phil, understand your height adjust routine, mine is no where near as beefed up like your, but I run red series polyair with dobinsons 2" with 120kg millweld rear bar hanging off the back.

To work out your lift height, I suggest set your truck level (your nominal preferred ride ht) with air airbags and measure from under the top center of guard face down to the wheel rim bottom lip (bead lip) and compare this against the stock build height. I mention bottom lip, as it is easy to measure to that point instead of to hub center. If you get your hands on the guard to hub center measurement, just add the wheel lip dia divided that by 2 and this will be the ht measurement you would compare against yours (distance measured between under guard face to bottom lip).

To measure your rear axle/diff position (left / right of the vehicle neutral longitudinal axis). Drop a plumb line (string or straight edge) vertically down from say inside face of each chassis rail (@ same relative position for both chassis rails) and measure horizontal distance across from this line (each chassis rail) to adjacent wheel rim lip (for example). This would provide a horizontal linear measurement difference (if any) of the axle/diff housing, actual position, from left to right relative to vehicle center..
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    Yeah Phil, understand your height adjust routine, mine is no where near as beefed up like your, but I run red series polyair with dobinsons 2" with 120kg millweld rear bar hanging off the back.

To work out your lift height, I suggest set your truck level (your nominal preferred ride ht) with air airbags and measure from under the top center of guard face down to the wheel rim bottom lip (bead lip) and compare this against the stock build height. I mention bottom lip, as it is easy to measure to that point instead of to hub center. If you get your hands on the guard to hub center measurement, just add the wheel lip dia divided that by 2 and this will be the ht measurement you would compare against yours (distance measured between under guard face to bottom lip).

To measure your rear axle/diff position (left / right of the vehicle neutral longitudinal axis). Drop a plumb line (string or straight edge) vertically down from say inside face of each chassis rail (@ same relative position for both chassis rails) and measure horizontal distance across from this line (each chassis rail) to adjacent wheel rim lip (for example). This would provide a horizontal linear measurement difference (if any) of the axle/diff housing, actual position, from left to right relative to vehicle center..
    OK, thats a great description, will do that and see how much I am off. I already suspect the alignment is wrong because I had scratch/rub marks on the tailshaft from the recently upgraded belly tank. Simply have not got to the next thing on the list, which looks like this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

Bidja (13th July 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome to the forum
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woke up to this, 100mm hole thru the plaster, investigations revealed an old wasp nest had carved away the plaster and all that was left was the paint thickness. Right in the middle of a huge expanse of plaster sheeting. We are starting to prep the house for sale, and the more you look the more you find. Its amazing what you either elect to live with or simply don't see because it happens over time. The other end of this monster sheet has also torn away from the nails into the rafters and drooped down about 6" over a 3m length. Currently trying to engineer a way out of that one!

If its not the car, its the house.

DSC02076.JPGDSC02072.JPGDSC02071.JPGDSC02077.JPG

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ... disconnecting the Battery for 30 minutes prob won't work on that fault PeeBee?
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Winnie (15th July 2018)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    ... disconnecting the Battery for 30 minutes prob won't work on that fault PeeBee?
    Maybe not, but I am willing to try!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the wife rang me to go outside to pour water on her windscreen to remove the ice....
    if its worth doin its worth over doin

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garett View Post
    the wife rang me to go outside to pour water on her windscreen to remove the ice....
    Ah yes Isn't technology great!

Page 1169 of 1450 FirstFirst ... 16966910691119115911671168116911701171117912191269 ... LastLast