OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance time, again! Early GU owners, who do you use?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be wrong, but reading what others say on a couple of other forums it's not just Club 4x4 who's prices have gone up a lot in the past couple of years. I'm still with them because I want their remote area recovery cover. Renewal in Feb this year with agreed value of $55,160 was $1392, including the optional $15,000 remote area recovery.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Hodge (13th November 2019), mudski (13th November 2019), PeeBee (13th November 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,283 Times in 6,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    I could be wrong, but reading what others say on a couple of other forums it's not just Club 4x4 who's prices have gone up a lot in the past couple of years. I'm still with them because I want their remote area recovery cover. Renewal in Feb this year with agreed value of $55,160 was $1392, including the optional $15,000 remote area recovery.
    Shannons just quoted $1415 for $40k. I will ring C4x4 and see what they can do.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,764 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that this was discussed not that long ago, but can't find it and it's probably better here.

I got a quote from DGA as mudrunner suggested.

DGA to Allianz.
    Market value (don't do agree on vehicles more that 10 years)
    Accessories max $3320.
    $895.

DGA to Affinity
    Total Agreed value $15000
    Accessories $6000
    $3097.

Currently with Bingle.
    Insured anywhere in Australia I'm legally allowed to be.
    Market value + any accessories and modifications
    $609.

I was concerned about what they value the accessories and modifications in the event something happens. Was told to hang on to all receipts as that will help with determining a value.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jay see For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (12th July 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before going with Bingle it might be worth checking these reviews:
    https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/bingle
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Before going with Bingle it might be worth checking these reviews:
    https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/bingle
    Yeah, I know.

I've been with them for a little while and have made one at fault claim. Had no issues.

12/97 GEE YOU

Thanks
    Thanked 7,424 Times in 3,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep Club 4x4 are expensive but I'm still with them for two reasons. 1. No-one else offers cover for modifications which have cost more than the base figure for the car itself & 2. No-one else offers the optional remote area recovery cover.

Whilst the premium is enough to make a grown man cry, they have recently introduced a combined policy for those who tow, which gets 10% off. The agreed value on the base vehicle is around $24k, but combined with the various mods the agreed value is $54k. With an increased excess of $1200 (I upped it from $800 as we don't think we'd claim on anything less - not worth it when it puts up the next years premium), & $15,000 off road recovery cover + windscreen cover the premium was around $1900, including the Tvan with an agreed value of $28k.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,283 Times in 6,435 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    I know that this was discussed not that long ago, but can't find it and it's probably better here.

I got a quote from DGA as mudrunner suggested.

DGA to Allianz.
    Market value (don't do agree on vehicles more that 10 years)
    Accessories max $3320.
    $895.

DGA to Affinity
    Total Agreed value $15000
    Accessories $6000
    $3097.

Currently with Bingle.
    Insured anywhere in Australia I'm legally allowed to be.
    Market value + any accessories and modifications
    $609.

I was concerned about what they value the accessories and modifications in the event something happens. Was told to hang on to all receipts as that will help with determining a value.

Market value + accessories is not worth the paper I wipe my ass with. Will they agree to a full replacement value? C4x4 were the only mob who would. But. Im paying a massive premium for it. My Patrol is covered for $53k, give or take. The next closest was Shannons, $40k coverage. But if I add up all the bolts on and mods as if I were to replace each one, $40k won't cover purchase price of another Patrol and all the same bolts on. Yeah I maybe over insured. But I know I'm well covered. I have been tempted to switch to Shannons or another not having the same amount of cover is hard to leave.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

jay see (18th April 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paying $3k a year for $15k cover with affinity..
    Our Cerato is about that and we ain't paying $3,000 for that, even if we added our 18 year old to the policy still wouldn't be close.. I know I know different cars different risks, but same value if something was to happen..

I know Bingle isn't great, probably far from it, but for now it will do.

12/97 GEE YOU

Thanks
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 1,518 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * DISCLAIMER FIRST UP *

'Since I semi retired a few years ago I've worked part time for an Insurance Broker, I'm now fully retired. This is not insurance advice, just my opinion.'

During this time I've observed the following.

When the shit hits the fan your chances of a more positive outcome are greatly improved if you have a broker working for you.
    The broker works for you not the insurer.
    Always tell them everyting that could impact a claim upfront.
    If you don't have receipts, take pictures of everything, accessories etc.
    This also applies to house contents and improvements.
    Get a dashcam.
    Review you insurance risk every year.
    Steer clear of online only insurers, the major underwriters don't advertise.
    Many smaller insureres are owned by the same company, they can offer cheaper deals because they cover less.
    Always insure for 'agreed value' because 'market value' will be even less than the trade in price on Redbook.com.au
    Checkout Productreview.com.au
    Comparison sites are crap, they get paid by the company. Canstar and Choice are the exception.
    Just google 'royal commission (insurer name)' for some interesting findings.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

jay see (18th April 2020), mudnut (20th May 2020), MudRunnerTD (12th July 2022), mudski (20th April 2020), PeeBee (18th April 2020)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your views @jack appreciate it.

12/97 GEE YOU

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast