User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nissan warranty issues

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stephen Lester is still Nissan Australia’s managing director (see Nissan's May 2018 Media release http://www.nissan.com.au/discover/ne...services-games )

At the bottom of the media release they have kindly included the phone numbers & email address of Karla Leach General Manager – Corporate Communications Phone: +61 3 9797 4509, Email: karla_leach@nissan.com.au and Tony Mee Corporate Communications Manager Phone: +61 3 9797 4227 Email: tony_mee@nissan.com.au

So as the Nissan company email addresses appear to follow the same format I would suggest the email address for Nissan Australia’s Managing Director is likely to be stephen_lester@nissan.com.au
    2011 GU Patrol ST ute, 3.0L CRD

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clawrence For This Useful Post:

jack (8th June 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,765 Times in 1,516 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update and Resolution.

Long long long story short, the email to the addresses that @clawrence supplied provided instant results. Emailed them late that night and received a phone call the next day. Very apologetic about the treatment I received, admitted they needed to educate their dealers and change their process when dealing with complaints.

All phone calls and emails sent to the Customer Service Centre email address are just forwarded on to the dealer, bloody useless when the issue is the dealer.

They arranged a refund of the payment I was charged for the dealer to look at my vehicle and refuse my warranty claim. (This still took ages as the dealer told them they had already refunded it - bullshit).
    Warranty covered the Intercooler which was already installed and we agreed to a goodwill gesture of free 'major' service at a dealer of my choice. This service obviously wasn't going to be at my local Stealership.

Just had the service done and they couldn't be more helpful, I just quoted a reference number and got the blue ribbon treatment (I think they must have been warned not to piss me off). Even gave it a wash and a followup phone call the next day to confirm I was happy. I waited till the service was completed before posting here, hence the delay.

I now have a new Intercooler for sale as it was instantly removed and replaced by a Tig Welded one. Anyone looking for a genuine Intercooler that's done less than 200km (probably less than 50km actually) send me a PM.

Moral of the story - Never Give Up when you're in the right. (And get everything in writing)

Thanks for the help guys.
    Last edited by jack; 22nd October 2018 at 11:28 PM.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

AB (23rd October 2018), Cuppa (23rd October 2018), Hodge (23rd October 2018), MB (23rd October 2018), mudnut (23rd October 2018), PeeBee (23rd October 2018), Plasnart (23rd October 2018), the evil twin (22nd October 2018)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good outcome Jack. Great to hear you didn't just roll over like most would.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    2005 TD42TI

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

jack (23rd October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good that you finally got it sorted Jack.

Shame that it was all necessary, none of us should need to waste our time dealing with rogues.

I happen to know that the dealership responsible for the problems is also my local dealership in Ballarat. A quick 'google' reveals that there have been others mistreated too. I will never use them myself & will advise anyone else the same.

What I remain unhappy about are the chances that nothing will change there. Nissan Australia's process for dealing with rogue dealerships appears non-existent, & the fact that this has been allowed to be so I'd doubt that it is about about to change. Bottom line, I expect, is that it is cheaper for Nissan Australia to 'pay out' to the occasional complaining customer rather than insist upon honourable & honest customer service as the expected standard from it's dealers.

Complaints about poor aftersales service from Nissan dealers must, I suggest, have a negative impact upon Nissan's sales. I've certainly spoken to a few people who have told me they like the Nissan product but wouldn't buy one because of poor customer back up.

Good solid products which could be sold in greater numbers if Nissan gave treating it's customers with respect a higher priority.
    Last edited by Cuppa; 23rd October 2018 at 11:44 AM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

jack (23rd October 2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12