Thread: Nissan Patrol Magazine - Issue 2 + BONUS CALENDAR

Thanks
    Thanked 6,959 Times in 3,376 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    I heard it will have a "sealed section" and a centrefold spread!
    As long as the only bags on show are the redbacks!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,261 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    As long as the only bags on show are the redbacks!
    Hahaha! I just had some real disturbing visions run through my mind then.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 3,174 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has a good article about how to cook a camp oven like it should be done...with coals on top.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Avo (28th June 2019), Winnie (28th June 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    It has a good article about how to cook a camp oven like it should be done...with coals on top.
    I hear @Bob is editor now.

"Bottom Cooked Beauties" the new editor's column I hear.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Bob (29th June 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    I hear @Bob is editor now.

"Bottom Cooked Beauties" the new editor's column I hear.
    @Bob has no idea how to cook a camp oven, he even overcooks the meat.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Bob (29th June 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TPC View Post
    @Bob has no idea how to cook a camp oven, he even overcooks the meat.
    Only on the bottom though to be fair.

@Bob

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

Bob (29th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you Guys get to my Age you can Cook how you bloody like

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:

Avo (29th June 2019), Plasnart (29th June 2019), TPC (29th June 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    When you Guys get to my Age you can Cook how you bloody like
    If I keep drinking like I did last night I doubt I will reach your age.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TPC For This Useful Post:

Bob (29th June 2019), Maxhead (29th June 2019), NissanGQ4.2 (29th June 2019), rusty_nail (29th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Crap, that's what you wanted the story for Nic! Sorry mate I had totally forgotten...
    Issue 3!!
    what story was i asking you for? maybe we can start looking into issue three lol.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i just looked where i stored all the files from the last mag. i had a folder for a second mag (from me) there was a story in there, and thats it. see below, some of you might find it an interesting read. not saying who its from, you should all be able to work that out. if anyone else has a feelgood story about this forum they wanna share, send it to me, ill find some way to incorporate it into the next mag.

It was February 2012 and I had just become the proud owner of a 1993 Nissan GQ Patrol 4.2efi and was instantly in love.
    The car was a petrol/gas set up and came with a 2 inch lift and winch bar and winch plus an old Engel fridge (which I still have) and a few other extra’s to get me started.
    At the start it was a few mates and myself going out almost every second weekend and soon signs that it was not going to all be smooth sailing started, first the fuel pump went on a 3 day trip too Rubicon but lucky I could switch to gas.
    A month later on a day trip too Tallarook my clutch went and it seemed to be the theme for the next couple of years with me almost replacing everything in this car.
    In the mean time I had joined Nissanpatrol.com (not for the manual) and from there I had made many good friends and gone on many epic trips across the high country and too local forests.
    Some of the most memorable trips include Licola 2013 where we stood around a tiny fire with rain falling horizontal down our necks as we wondered why we were all there and in the end was an awesome trip.
    Woods Point 2013 during the bush fires where we did Barkly river jeep track and watched Kris put a stock Maverick with all terrains up this track and make it with no help.... legendary.
    That night Winnie Kris and myself full of bravado and a little alcohol hack sawed the bottom section of the Mighty Mavs bulbar as it was a cow catcher... we laughed so hard while doing this while fast running out of breath.
    On all of these trips I was the one guy who had a heap of jerry cans full of full as the dual fuel was a real problem in the high country and the brain was ticking and thinking of the conversion many think of doing.
    After the Australia day trip of 2014 on the travel home I had word my mother was dying and I needed to be back in Melbourne, the temps were in the 40’s and I was towing a camper which I pushed a little too hard and cooked the engine.
    While I was dealing with all that comes with the passing of a parent I had given my car to HT;s service center and my good mate George rebuilt my petrol engine, this should have been the time to go too diesel but my head was not on straight.
    I also got rid of the gas as I found it to be a pain and wanted greater range with 2 petrol tanks.
    George and his brother Bill also bought me a cam as a present and the car was stomping, I loved it but there was one very big expensive problem.... the mileage I was getting.
    2014 was turning out to be one of the worst years of my life for many reasons not just to do with my car but my mum and my other car being stolen and serious back pain, it was this that was the most costly with my doctor telling me to change career or end up on pain killers for the rest of my life.
    A decision was made midway of 2014 to down scale and take my son out of day care and also do the conversion using money from the sale of much of my equipment .
    I should have taken more advice from some people around me and not rushed as I was caught up in the excitement and purchased an engine and gearbox from a low life scum bag (my own fault).
    There were tell tale signs things were not going well with me killing a turbo as the oil feed was blocked, instead of strip down the engine like I was advised I looked towards the answer that suited me which was wrong.
    Upon leading out a large trip too Tallarook with about 6 cars in tow and another 8 waiting something was not right travelling up the Hume , George was with me in the car as we pulled into a service centre to find the car come to a sudden halt .
    My wife was in Italy with my daughter and this was supposed to be the start of an epic adventure with my son and I doing many trips while my wife was away, instead we sat on the side of the freeway with 3 tonne of a boat anchor.
    George got the car back home for me on a tow truck and I sent the others on to enjoy there day.
    What had happened was the oil pump was stuffed and had sent bits of metal all over the place as a timing gear shattered and done a bit of damage.
    The following day I was in Toorak working feeling miserable and starting to also feel sick, this turned out to be severe tonsillitis and had me bed ridden for 5 days and a little boy to also look after.
    Could I get any lower?
    I had found out a couple of days later that Megomonster (Mick) was chipping in money and had asked if other forum members if they wanted to help, I felt even lower at this point and asked AB to give people their money back to them, he refused and told me to wait until I felt better before making any decisions.
    Within 4 days the boys had raised over $3500 and George had already started looking for an engine for me ( I was not to be trusted..lol).
    He had about 5 to choose from and only a few days before the xmas break up he had one sent to my house where it sat.......... Until Boxing day 2014 when Matfew and George came around to my house and fitted the engine, the following day late that evening the engine roared into life and sounded a million times better than the rubbish I had fitted.
    100kws and was a pleasure to drive I was in love again.
    There were always going to be teething problems with this sort of conversion but I was 1000 times happier and now knew what all the TD owners were on about.
    I had started with a TB and had many great adventures from Knockwwod to Dargo, too Brindabella to Licola all brilliant and there have been far too many trips in-between to mention them all and all the friends I have made through 4wding and this forum
    Through the love of the forum and many top people some of I have never met I managed to keep doing something I truly love.
    People ask me how I am and yes I have down days but overall life is good.. very good and the forum has a large part in that.
    Onwards and Upwards.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

AB (1st July 2019), Cremulator (30th June 2019), Maxhead (29th June 2019), Winnie (1st July 2019)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast