Hybrid View

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,869 Times in 2,748 Posts
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run the Telstra Cel Fi unit for my site communication and remote area phone stuff. I have a range of antennas depending on the terrain. It will amplify a weak signal that is incapable of establishing even a text messge into a full blown 5/5 bar local strength signal where you can voice call - surfing the internet however is a bit out of its capability I have found for sites with heavy graphics content - it cannot increase bandwidth or data density attributes, only the signal strength. The amplification at the user end is typically within a 6m radius on 4G and up to 15m on 3g. 3G is being phased out within 12 months I understand. the Cel-Fi can hunt across 3g/4G and 4GX automatically to pick the best service. I operate this in a remote area of QLD on a 1/4 4G service and a 2/4 3G service with total reliability.

For comms outside of the 4G network I rely on the Iridium network using a Telstra post paid sim card - I swap out my normal iphone sim into the 9575 handset and simply operate the Satellite phone on international roaming.

I also have an iridium wireless modem that operates off the satellite service with its own pre paid sim card - this is a back up service to the 9575 and allows me to use my iphone linked to the wireless hub and connect to the world that way. I have not tried to surf the internet on this device.

Then there are the HF VHF and UHF radios - but these all have other communication sectors.

Hope that helps. Fair bit of coin to go so comprehensive, but what cost do you put on a life?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

taslucas (6th August 2023)