Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Portable fridge/freezer temps

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    I've tried 95lt Evakool on 750 w gennie and it gets the temp down, but appears to work better on my 12v in my truck and proper 240V. Love the remote sensor too.
    I accidentally let my fridge drop from the back of my truck to the ground. I was absolutely ropeable and angry at myself. It still works fine. Read the warranty, and looks like I might have voided it, but we'll see - IF I have any issues down the track. One of the warranty things is that it must be serviced after the 2nd, 3rd and 4th and I think, 5th years.

Ciggy plug..... my fridge has a fault meter and one beep reckons its a power problem. As soon as I plug it into my 12 v via Meritt plug in the back, fault goes. I upgraded my wiring from fridge to merrit plug to 6mm. Haven't touched the ciggy plug yet. It'll be interesting to see. I know nothing about 12v so I'll be talking to 'someone'. Maybe fletcha can tell me if upgrading my ciggy wiring will help.
    Yeh saw that in the warrenty, might stick to it if its not too costly. Good to hear they bounce ok and it didnt break! Merit plugs are good, the feedback i saw said to getrid of the normal ciggy plug fitting, I think as long as it cant shake out of the socket is the main thing. Chuck up some temps and what setting youre dial is on to compare! Doing one today in the back off the car, put some frozen stuff in freezer and milk etc in the fridge side, ambient is 30.6 and im'e on no. 9 setting and freezer is only at -14 ?????? Going too leave it abit longer to see whats happening. Last test inside on 240V (which shoulnt differ cause the transformer turns it too 12V) same ambient setting 6-7 had it at -18-19.
    89 GQ TD 42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 89GQ View Post
    Yeh saw that in the warrenty, might stick to it if its not too costly. Good to hear they bounce ok and it didnt break! Merit plugs are good, the feedback i saw said to getrid of the normal ciggy plug fitting, I think as long as it cant shake out of the socket is the main thing. Chuck up some temps and what setting youre dial is on to compare! Doing one today in the back off the car, put some frozen stuff in freezer and milk etc in the fridge side, ambient is 30.6 and im'e on no. 9 setting and freezer is only at -14 ?????? Going too leave it abit longer to see whats happening. Last test inside on 240V (which shoulnt differ cause the transformer turns it too 12V) same ambient setting 6-7 had it at -18-19.
    Reading betwen the lines by what everybody has said, set it up a couple of days before, make sure all your frozen stuff is frozen before you put it in, and you should be fine.
    I run an extension cord from the house to my truck and do it that way. Saves battery power.

On the jenny, I crank it up all the way, and it's fine. Gunna try it out in my truck with a 4hr drive today (about now), with the remote sensor in my cab so I can keep an eye on it.

Rossco
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Reading betwen the lines by what everybody has said, set it up a couple of days before, make sure all your frozen stuff is frozen before you put it in, and you should be fine.
    I run an extension cord from the house to my truck and do it that way. Saves battery power.

On the jenny, I crank it up all the way, and it's fine. Gunna try it out in my truck with a 4hr drive today (about now), with the remote sensor in my cab so I can keep an eye on it.

Rossco
    yeh had it on before, let us know youre temps and setting when you get back, Cheers Jeff
    89 GQ TD 42

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most family coolers, by and large, work inside a 4ºC to 7ºC territory. Setting your setting camping refrigerator any lower than that might be pointless with regards to control utilization.
    Last edited by charbadanBH; 13th April 2023 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 3,190 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who is brave enough to click on the link?
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (14th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,081 Times in 3,430 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    Not me.

And if you want to keep your milk at 7 degrees, I'll have mine black no sugar thanks!

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

mihit (14th April 2023), mudnut (13th April 2023), MudRunnerTD (14th April 2023), PeeBee (13th April 2023), Rossco (13th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,566 Times in 6,624 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    I went in the back end and had a look under the hyperlink. It is safe to click. He is selling fridges but there is probably some good info there.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

jay see (14th April 2023), mudnut (14th April 2023)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I went in the back end and had a look under the hyperlink. It is safe to click. He is selling fridges but there is probably some good info there.
    In plain text:
    https://www.bougerv.com/collections/12v-refrigerator

Chinese spam courtesy of:
    Registrar Info
    NameAlibaba Cloud Computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd.

FWIW, On the original topic.
    I would stick to brand name units (danfoss, dometic, challenger, isotherm etc - pretty much in that order.)
    Chinese units run longer and have crappier insulation (using more power to achieve the same temps) -even the ones that use brand name compressors (I'm looking at you, jaycar)

Freezing at -16 and refrigeration at -2 to 4°C
    Lots of thermal mass, (beer cans)
    Last edited by mihit; 14th April 2023 at 02:48 PM.
    - 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
    - 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
    1989 LWB 5-Seat, TD42

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mihit For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (16th April 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,566 Times in 6,624 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mihit View Post
    In plain text:
    https://www.bougerv.com/collections/12v-refrigerator

Chinese spam courtesy of:
    Registrar Info
    NameAlibaba Cloud Computing (Beijing) Co., Ltd.

FWIW, On the original topic.
    I would stick to brand name units (danfoss, dometic, challenger, isotherm etc - pretty much in that order.)
    Chinese units run longer and have crappier insulation (using more power to achieve the same temps) -even the ones that use brand name compressors (I'm looking at you, jaycar)

Freezing at -16 and refrigeration at -2 to 4°C
    Lots of thermal mass, (beer cans)
    Yeah I didn't really care about the source and only ensuring it wasn't a Trojan or something. They clearly read enough of the thread and applied logic to their post that effort was accepted. We get Smashed by Bots Daily and I do a fair bit of cleaning up, I'm happy to leave this one there, it contributed.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yeah I didn't really care about the source and only ensuring it wasn't a Trojan or something. They clearly read enough of the thread and applied logic to their post that effort was accepted. We get Smashed by Bots Daily and I do a fair bit of cleaning up, I'm happy to leave this one there, it contributed.
    I'd be surprised if it was a "they"...but I don't know what pronouns bots prefer
    Probably just scanned for keywords, a semi-english sentence generator.

Anyway, cheers for the behind-the-scenes mod work. Generally thankless task and most people probably don't even know it's happening, but it makes the net a much saner place.
    - 1990 LWB Safari flatdeck, TD42 -
    - 1988 LWB 7-seat Safari, TD42 -
    1989 LWB 5-Seat, TD42

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mihit For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (1st May 2023)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast