Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1340

Thread: All Things Chev

Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely you can squeeze aboard an N2O bottle or two @PeeBee mate, don’t be a Quitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (14th April 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Surely you can squeeze aboard an N2O bottle or two @PeeBee mate, don’t be a Quitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're killin' me!! I dont know how I am going to fit half this stuff on - starting to look like its turning into a saga like the big guy in Geelong with his never ending timeline - now completed which is good for him.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

MB (16th April 2019)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the pulley set you got from Bullit had the 8 rib balancer pulley.
    My understanding is the balancer is the bit with the rubber but not the actual pulley, is that not the case then?

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    I thought the pulley set you got from Bullit had the 8 rib balancer pulley.
    My understanding is the balancer is the bit with the rubber but not the actual pulley, is that not the case then?
    Bullet only supplied the s/c nose pulley, all other pulleys via BD.

There are two parts with rubber,the factory balancer and the factory pulley. I have replaced the balancer with the fluid damper and now replaced the 8 rib pulley with the aluminium billet pulley. yes, its confusing, and surprising, but until you actually get the parts into your hands, you never know what you are getting. I cannot check whats on the vehicle without pulling it apart, so am going with the two parts upgraded without the rubber.

Where are you up to with your build? Going OK? I sent you a PM - did you see it?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shop manual that I have shows no rubber on the crank pulley

Just saw the PM.
    OK, time for an update :

It has been 5 months now and other than the engine removal, nothing has happened.
    I'm at a loss as to what carrot to dangle under the noses of these guys, but money is not one of them.
    To be fair, he has struggled with workload, but as I have said many times, that's not my problem.
    He has a lot of work and is getting stuff done, just not my stuff.
    Got assurances that my "project" will get the attention that it deserves after easter. If it does not, I'll be looking else where.
    At the moment I have not been pushing too hard as I've just been through two major renovations at the house, but that has all finished now.
    So, I'll give you guys an update 4th May, and please feel free to pester me.

that is allll
    Last edited by poindexter; 17th April 2019 at 07:01 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw this entry in the shop manual:

Procedures for Destruction of Equipment to Prevent Enemy Use . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . TM 750-244-6

10. The Following User Says Thank You to poindexter For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (18th April 2019)

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poindexter View Post
    The shop manual that I have shows no rubber on the crank pulley

Just saw the PM.
    OK, time for an update :

It has been 5 months now and other than the engine removal, nothing has happened.
    I'm at a loss as to what carrot to dangle under the noses of these guys, but money is not one of them.
    To be fair, he has struggled with workload, but as I have said many times, that's not my problem.
    He has a lot of work and is getting stuff done, just not my stuff.
    Got assurances that my "project" will get the attention that it deserves after easter. If it does not, I'll be looking else where.
    At the moment I have not been pushing too hard as I've just been through two major renovations at the house, but that has all finished now.
    So, I'll give you guys an update 4th May, and please feel free to pester me.

that is allll
    Interesting, I am now wondering if BD have taken the harmonic balancer pulley and machined the outside off to produce the 8 rib pulley - as it looks suspiciously like that pulley come to think of it. Anyway, I have the replacement on the way so don't have to think about it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys

I've been reading through the thread for a few days now trying to soak up as much info as I can. I'm looking at buying an all ready converted GU with the turboed 6.5 + 4L85E. Apart from overheating issues, is there anything in particular that I need to be looking for with these engines? Apparently the one that I am looking at has recently had the injectors replaced. Is that something of a concern?

Cheers
    Adam

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrod View Post
    Hi Guys

I've been reading through the thread for a few days now trying to soak up as much info as I can. I'm looking at buying an all ready converted GU with the turboed 6.5 + 4L85E. Apart from overheating issues, is there anything in particular that I need to be looking for with these engines? Apparently the one that I am looking at has recently had the injectors replaced. Is that something of a concern?

Cheers
    Adam
    If it is already converted and the owner has had it for a while, I would think the majority of niggly issues associated with the conversion would be sorted by now. I have a GQ manual so cant comment on the auto. Injectors could simply be age, or crappy fuel or tune related perhaps - is this a private sale or thru brunswick? Can you get a service history verified?

Do you know if the motor was new or a s/h or BD reco engine? If a s/h engine could just be old injectors needing to be replaced.
    Last edited by PeeBee; 21st April 2019 at 01:56 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PeeBee For This Useful Post:

thebrod (21st April 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks PeeBee

It's a private sale, and I haven't actually been to see the car in person yet (hopefully next weekend). If it were through BD or a dealer I guess I'd feel a little less nervous as there would be some form of warranty. I wonder if I called BD with the VIN or engine number if they would have the details of what was done at the time of the conversion?

Page 127 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast