Quote Originally Posted by Coldcomfort View Post
Took the car out on the hiway this morning. The north Stuart Hwy just to the north of town has the closest thing to hills out here. Set the cruise at 110kph in 5th gear and watched the EGT and boost. EGT did not go above 420 and boost peaked at 22psi. I could never get the boost that high with the original exhaust. What is the max boost before the car goes into limp mode? Next job is to block off the EGR. After the dawes is installed that is.....

Cheers all. Brian.
Brian, read back through the posts and prior to fitting your new exhaust (Beaudesert 2.75") your max B was 15psi now you are getting 22psi(new exhaust) and your VNT solenoid is currently controlling boost. Now with 22 psi this is good for keeping your EGTs down, but as I said, you may get limp when hauling (solid climb) for say greater than 10 seconds.

Now some engines can handle higher max boost (20-22psi). Imagine your country is relatively flat so I would imagine all should be good and you may not experience limp. Take it easy until you at least get your scan tool as this will enable you to clear any fault code if limp occurs. At least with scan tool, you will be able to drive with peace of mind knowing that you can clear fault codes and be able to see how the solenoid/ecu can manage and control the higher boost. Install your Dawes/needle when it is delivered. There is a few ways to set your Dawes for max boost and later I can provide you with the method I had success with.

Also when you block your EGR, block the assembly at both ends (exhaust and inlet manifolds). With the exhaust heat shield off you may be able to fit the plate, mine was fitted when dump pipe was removed. See if you can get up in there and fit plate without pushing dump pipe out of the way. Fit solid plates, some times blocking the EGR can throw a fault code and turn engine light on, this causes no problems with light being illuminated but you can easily clear with scan tool. For Info: If you ever get a ECU remap you can turn the EGR off.