Thanks
    Thanked 7,446 Times in 3,011 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    @Cuppa
    I'm interested in what reducers you will be using.
    I've just had a play with some reducers / hoses I've come up with in our diesel hydraulic mechanics work shop.
    One issue I'm slightly concerned about is the internal hose joiners greatly reduce the internal diameter of the hose . So when a joiner is inserted inside a 16mm hose, the hose gains a 11-12mm internal restriction. If that makes sense.
    Now I don't know what pressure this works under or whether or not this will be of any hindrance.
    I've got the reducing kit pictured below at home but the joiners internal passage is 10mm at most.

@Hodge Yep I saw that kit after I'd ordered my reducers. Probably the one I should have bought if I'd found it earlier.

I measured the ID of the connection to the air inlet hose & it was exactly the same as the ID of the joiners I have - (approx 11mm /12mm). The Provent is made to be used on a variety of motors,including bigger ones than ours with greater blow-by flow. As I understand it as long as any restriction is no less than the stock TD42 then we should be ok. I can't see any point in trying to fit 1" pipes as there will still be the 11mm/12mm restriction which Nissan use.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Hodge (15th May 2018)