Thread: 12 volt inverter.

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    Go with a pure sine wave inverter. I am on my 4th inverter upgrade and currently run a 3000w/6000w surge unit and that comfortably runs the expresso coffee machine and all my power tools and is smooth enough to run computers off it as well. It cost around $400 but its big - got it off ebay. I also have a 1000w pure sine wave unit that would cater for most things, except the coffee machine. there are websites around that will guide you regards the actual size you need to cater for start-up etc. Microwaves for example are energy gobblers.
    Sine wave was what I had in mind and starting to think a 1000w would be good for the extra power if needed. I was looking at the price difference between 600w and 1000w in a few brands, there`s a couple of hundred difference and thought the extra be good. As long as I have enough power to run a 55 inch tv when the fire runs out, lol.

@GQtdauto A third battery be a good idea to have, but at the moment, I have just a basic set up of just a wagon, with dual battery and it suits me at the moment. I have seen a Prado with a 1000w inverter screwed to the side of the passenger side of the console under the dash, but I`ll have to find a neater approach if there`s one.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bush Ranger For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (6th September 2017), PeeBee (6th September 2017)