Thread: Rear Bumper removal 2012 GU.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear Bumper removal 2012 GU.

Gidday all,

I have just bought a Hayman Reece tow bar that I will be fitting this weekend. The instruction say to remove the rear bumper which looks fairly simple. But one thing has me a little stumped. The manual says to remove the bumper finisher. Its a bit of plastic trim that hides the bolts that hold the bumper to the body. I am having a hard time working out how to get it off. Has anyone done this before??

Cheers all, Brian.
    Be the person that your dog thinks you are!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,547 Times in 6,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldcomfort View Post
    Gidday all,

I have just bought a Hayman Reece tow bar that I will be fitting this weekend. The instruction say to remove the rear bumper which looks fairly simple. But one thing has me a little stumped. The manual says to remove the bumper finisher. Its a bit of plastic trim that hides the bolts that hold the bumper to the body. I am having a hard time working out how to get it off. Has anyone done this before??

Cheers all, Brian.

hmmmm? Im not sure why the rear bumper has to come off? your Haymen Reece should bolt up to the sides of the chassis rails? have you got some pics of the towbar and the instructions please.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    hmmmm? Im not sure why the rear bumper has to come off? your Haymen Reece should bolt up to the sides of the chassis rails? have you got some pics of the towbar and the instructions please.
    I think the bumper needs to come off to insert the nuts into the rail ... one of mine had a rattle from new, and it ended up being the wire welded onto the end of the nut to poke it inside
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygu View Post
    I think the bumper needs to come off to insert the nuts into the rail ... one of mine had a rattle from new, and it ended up being the wire welded onto the end of the nut to poke it inside
    Thats rite. From looking at the destructions the retaining nuts are pushed into the chassis rail by wire welded to the thick threaded plates/nuts.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got them off. Just grab and pull. Tow bar is easy once rear bumper is off. But a good thing to do is to run your M12 and M10 taps through the threaded steel plates. The powder coating makes it very hard to get the bolts started. The taps will cut this off and make life soo much easier.....

Cheers all.