Thread: Kaymar Dual Wheel Carrier Bearing Problem

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kaymar Dual Wheel Carrier Bearing Problem

Hi All,

So today I finally pulled down my Kaymar dual bar (one side of the swing away has been driving me nuts for a few weeks now)
    The bar when opening up stopped opening up the whole way, and the bearing seal and popped out, indicating the internal bearings were stuffed.

I pulled the spare wheel off and pulled down the bar pivot point and found two sets of bearings held on by a crown nut.

As suspected, the bearings were shagged, the top disintegrated on me as i pulled the bar off, and the bottom I managed to re-assemble temporarily.

Just wondering, does anyone know where I could get a set of bearings for these? Would i have to go back directly through kaymar, or is there a supplier on here, or somewhere that I can order them from?

Any help of pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Westie
    '09 3L CRD Gu Wagon - 3" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, 2" OME, Nitto Trail Grapplers, ARB Bull Bar, Warn Winch, Side steps, Safari Snorkel, ARB Alloy Rack, ARB on Board Compressor, Dual Batteries, Kaymar Rear Dual Bar, EBC, Reversing Camera, Outback Drawers, Fridge Slide, ARB Cargo Barrier & Divider, Rear Door Diner, Long Ranger Tanks, GME 3350s/6.6DBI, 240 Lightforce XGT's, 42' Roof Mounted Illuminator Light Bar.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,551 Times in 6,618 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmmmmm? Give them a call and ask if they are Holden or Ford bearings. Post the answer here would be great. Or take the old races into a bearing place and they will size them up no worries. Or take the old race into Supercheap and compare the size to what they sell. Should be a common size.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,686 Times in 3,133 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Measures the shaft diameter and if you can take the race carrier in.
    Find a bearing shop..
    I'm with MR..
    Surely it'll be a holden or ford bearing..
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I thought the same Westy/MR, was just hoping there was an easy off the shelf solution, (like that ever happens!)

I'll give Kaymar a buzz first tomorrow, there's something about a bearing kit on there website, so maybe that might be a solution, if not I'll give it a measure and speak to a bearing joint down in Adelaide, see what they can come up with.

Cheers Fellas,
    -Westie
    '09 3L CRD Gu Wagon - 3" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, 2" OME, Nitto Trail Grapplers, ARB Bull Bar, Warn Winch, Side steps, Safari Snorkel, ARB Alloy Rack, ARB on Board Compressor, Dual Batteries, Kaymar Rear Dual Bar, EBC, Reversing Camera, Outback Drawers, Fridge Slide, ARB Cargo Barrier & Divider, Rear Door Diner, Long Ranger Tanks, GME 3350s/6.6DBI, 240 Lightforce XGT's, 42' Roof Mounted Illuminator Light Bar.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,663 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is there any numbers on your bearings? If so any bearing supplier will match these straight away. Otherwise go as suggested above take the old ones in. Buying through kaymar they will be marked up like no tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Im pretty sure they use holden stub axles for their carriers.
    I've used the same for my tyre lifting hoist,,, I can get some
    bearing numbers off that if required

Part numbers for both Holden and Ford in the link

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trailer-B...6Uf_voDozA0Frg
    Last edited by threedogs; 11th July 2016 at 03:40 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Nissan/TD, There were no numbers visible on them so was unable to track them down that way, I did however get a hold of Kaymar directly today, and have to say that they were excellent!

Service by "Nicole" was great, helpful, knew what I needed and even provided the part numbers if I wanted to source them myself.

It turns out, after 2004, they changed to ford bearings, if any of you have the same issue the part numbers are:

Top Bearing - LM12749/10
    Bottom Bearing - L68149/10
    Seal - 402903N

I did not bother trying to beat the price, at $36 per side for the kit, for top, bottom bearing and new seal, i definitely wasn't going to squabble over the price!
    (I only needed one side, but thought bugger it do both at the same time and keep the old ok one as a spare!),

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem in future

Cheers,
    -Westie

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toy-Eta For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (11th July 2016), nissannewby (11th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good the hear ,did you also buy new dust seals/caps as well
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Good the hear ,did you also buy new dust seals/caps as well
    Nah, they are in perfect condition, it was just the bottom seal and the bearings that were buggered

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Toy-Eta For This Useful Post:

threedogs (11th July 2016)