Thanks
    Thanked 11,343 Times in 6,454 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    After reading this, I have to add.
    At Sydney mtr show I looked at MDC display they looked the goods.
    I asked a couple of ? as you do, and to my surprise the sales man didn't know the specs, but hay I thought he may just be someone filling in locally as the companys all the way down from Qld. "trying to be fair I thought"
    Wrong assumption he was senior management as I recently saw on 1 of Roothys mdc vids.
    So it would seem they don't know whats in there own trailers.
    (no surprise after reading posts.)

And I also happened along someone recently who had been chasing parts for a Jayco off Rd camper.
    To his dismay Jayco don't and wont supply parts for their older vans.
    He was told by Jayco, go aftermarket and see if you can get aftermarket parts that way as jayco DON'T do em anymore.
    these 2 senarios have me convinced to build my own if I ever do want this type of trailer.
    m2cw said.
    Depending on the age of the Jayco Robo. One can't expect them to keep every part for every model they ever built. Atleast Jayco know how to built a trailer...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Robo (28th May 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Depending on the age of the Jayco Robo. One can't expect them to keep every part for every model they ever built. Atleast Jayco know how to built a trailer...
    We agree there, If I had the cash, I'd probably spend on a new or newer jayco.
    part supply or lack of still remains,those of us who maybe thinking of restoring an older jayco, you may or may not be able to get that part so research first.
    cheers bro
    IF IT'S NOT A NISSAN.
    THEN IT'S A COMPROMISE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Almost finished re-wiring the entire trailer. I have now added two LED reverse lights. I am still yet to decide on the final placement of the water pump. I have replaced all the cheap clear PVC hose with food grade hose. This I am not sure on the laws, but I would have thought it would need to be food grade hose they need to use. By Law.
    I was just about to start putting the fitting back in the tank and I thought to jam the hose in the tank and flush it out. See pics for what and how much came out!!!

Mind you this was the second time around draining the tank...

The hose supplied by MDC...

And yet another stripped lead found...

So all I have left to do, for now, is plumb the pump, replace the leaking shocker and figure out this volt/ amp meter gauge wiring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Clunk (24th October 2014), Family4x4 (24th October 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just pull off the shocks?, mine has none and it doesn't bounce around. or pull one side off and see if it jumps more on that side and then decide

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are looking at a camper thanks for the advice Mark, I am sorry it has come at such a great price to you.
    In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have contemplated it. But doing all the other crap on the trailer, and still doing it, I haven't really though much about them. Getting this amp meter wired in will do my head in I think.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not difficult at all, just don't wind out the wire clamps on the board too far or you will want to smash it into pieces lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    It's not difficult at all, just don't wind out the wire clamps on the board too far or you will want to smash it into pieces lol
    Yeah I know. I the type if I don't quite understand how and why something works, I find it difficult to install. I just need to sit down and work it out first. Adding the second battery and the BCDC1225 in and so it can be charged via the car, panels or mains was a task for me. But I got it...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Family4x4 View Post
    We are looking at a camper thanks for the advice Mark, I am sorry it has come at such a great price to you.
    It's a bloody shame isn't it. But the trailer is big and has bucket loads of space. Which is what we wanted. We just didn't want to be fixing it when it was bought brand new. But in the end mate, it will be a better trailer than what is was new.
    Last edited by mudski; 24th October 2014 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi all. Thinking of getting the V5 from MDC and was just wondering if there has been any changes to the quality. The last previous post on this was Oct 2014, so any updates. Mudski - all good now or still fixing things?
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast