Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stropp View Post
    Good on you Greg, I have a
    mate that is a paraplegic and got pulled over for speeding, he said the cop gets out with his mirror sunnies on and walked up to the drivers door and says " the way you are driving you will end up in a wheelchair " my mate points in the back and says you are 4 yrs too late the look on the cops face was priceless he turned walked back to the car and drove off, funny as f$&k .
    Stropp, yeah I had a similar experience with a female copper, when she pulled me up for speeding, she walked up and said all the usual crap....then asked if I wanted to step out and check the speed/radar unit in the cop car...I just put my left stump up onto the steering wheel and gave her a shake of the head to say no , she was a little taken back but regained her composure pretty quick and gave me a ticket...ah well.....you win some you lose some....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gregs For This Useful Post:

Stropp (30th March 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cool the Cape is an eye opener and one I hope to do again in a couple of years,
    I've had 17 back ops so not that mobil, bloody council just put speed humps in all the streets around us .
    Damn I thought my back was getting a bit better but now I'm putting in a request for a suspension seat from Strato.
    Already have the Strato 3000 with lumber pump but there are better seats out there I feel.
    After all that its a bit limiting where I go,
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin07 View Post
    hey gregs you got a grapefruit when I had my first transplant I had a pineapple, that when I walked would sit at the back of my legs whilst everyone laughed at me cause it looked like I had a great big turd in my pants. worse still my old fella sunk inside said pineapple, and I had to squeeze him out to take a leak.
    ouch....What sort of transplant have you had?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Cool the Cape is an eye opener and one I hope to do again in a couple of years,
    I've had 17 back ops so not that mobil, bloody council just put speed humps in all the streets around us .
    Damn I thought my back was getting a bit better but now I'm putting in a request for a suspension seat from Strato.
    Already have the Strato 3000 with lumber pump but there are better seats out there I feel.
    After all that its a bit limiting where I go,
    Bloody hell....good idea about the suspension seat if it helps your back. Hope you get it sorted soon and can get back out there.

We will get up to the Cape one day, hopefully, but would like to take the missus out to see "the rock" first, I was out there with a group from the Outback Way group/council a few years ago and it was amazing to see, we travelled from Boulia to Laverton via the Plenty Hwy and Great Central Road.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    back in 80 my mate was a ranger at the rock we got to camp right at the base of the rock,, as that was the rangers quarters back then,
    all changed now. The day after I left Azaria Chamberlain went missing go figure. With my mate being a ranger we went where no body else could eg from the rock to the Olgas the "back way" straight through the scrub, awesome awesome awesome, we have the best country I believe. after that I went and lived in Alice for a while working on a "bush job' from Kulgera to Kingoona doing the retaining walls in the rail line, was then the first one piece track in the southern hemisphere.
    Last edited by threedogs; 31st March 2015 at 02:36 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would have been an experience to camp at the bottom of the rock. I didn't walk around when we were there we just took pics from a distance, but if I can get the missus out there walking around it will certainly be on the cards, I won't be climbing it though...unless I can get a locker for the wheelchair ........

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gregs For This Useful Post:

Stropp (31st March 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,754 Times in 2,508 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was at the rock last year prior to the meetup in the middle, really cool to walk around and the height in some of the little canyons you can walk into is amazing, moreso when its raining as the water cascades off the rock.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

gregs (31st March 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be amazing to see with water running off it, hopefully in a year or 2 I can get the better half out there to see it, but she is keen to back to Fraser this year, I would rather go west and do the Birdsville, Oodnadatta and Simmo but that will have to wait. Have to put a suspension lift and some tyres on the mafia staff car first, and if I can get a rear bar through the firestorm that would be awesome but I think the fire might just be a bit hot

Thanks
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Even had the privilege of swimming in one of the rock pools up the top. something to tell the kids,
    bloody cold though, Pic is a coffee table pic of the rock, Ive been there when its been like this
    as I spent 3 months there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 31st March 2015 at 03:10 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking new wheel and tyres for the mafia staff car

Just got a new set of boots for the MSC and they change the look of the patrol for the better I reckon (still have the originals and they will go on for the really long stints in between trips). A couple of the pics also show the Stedi LED driving lights.

Tyres are General Grabber SRL's LT275/70R18, these are a 10ply tyre with a load/speed index of 125Q, a load rating of E and a max load for each tyre of 1650kg.

Wheels are CSA Raptor (large caps) 18" x 8" with a 25pos offset (recommended by CSA) with a load rating of 1250kg (283-880P25-67A)

The wheels clear the front calipers nicely, the tyres don't touch anything when turning the wheel from lock to lock. The spare tyre had to be deflated quite a bit to get it to fit into the spare wheel well, but I do have an on-board compressor to pump it up if needed. Could have got away with the spare inflated but needed to space the tyre down about a centimetre or so, but that drops it down below the diff pumpkin and not really that keen on having it that low but will investigate it further if it becomes a pita having the spare deflated......

Haven't had a chance to get them dirty yet but the handle reasonably well in the wet. The roads where slightly greasy in places and while I can feel it understeer when pushing a little bit too hard through corners, it handled it all pretty well especially for a tyre that doesn't have any sipes.
    In the dry they handle pretty bloody good for an aggressive all-terrain tyre, I can take off from a standing start fairly quickly and not light them up (foot to the floor stuff will see them light up). I feel pretty confident that these tyres will do the job I need them to do.

Yep, they do give off more road noise than the originals and to be perfectly honest probably less than the MT MTZ's I had on our GU, but nothing that is in anyway intrusive and if going by the stereo test I have to only turn it up one more notch to really drown out the extra road noise they give off, they really have done a pretty good job at reducing the 'howl' of these tyres. What they will be like with 50-60 thousand k's on them, who knows!

FYI General Tire are running a bit of a sale at the moment with the SRL's, I got ours for $395ea instead of $495ea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregs For This Useful Post:

Clunk (26th May 2015), jack (26th May 2015)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast