User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EGR Blank causing limp mode

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all. Had a chat with ET at the last club meeting and based on the discussion I need to do a bit more adjustment on the needle valve. As soon as I get back from this work trip going to work getting to adjusted correctly.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozmerican For This Useful Post:

mudski (5th December 2014), Stropp (2nd December 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Do you have gauges fitted???
    Yep gauges are fitted.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozmerican For This Useful Post:

Stropp (2nd December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,344 Times in 6,455 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmerican View Post
    Thanks all. Had a chat with ET at the last club meeting and based on the discussion I need to do a bit more adjustment on the needle valve. As soon as I get back from this work trip going to work getting to adjusted correctly.
    Ok you have a needle valve then. Open the valve up a little at a time. What is your max boost set at?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just sussed mine out I believe. I closed the needle valve the opened it untill the turbo acuator arm moved and hit the end off its stroke then a bit back of it. Then set the dawes valve to 15psi. Sweet spot is 10psi under 2000rpm and 15psi at 3000rpm. To achieve that you play with needle valve little bit by little bit.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyle86 For This Useful Post:

Dr Gary (23rd February 2015), threedogs (22nd February 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle86 View Post
    I just sussed mine out I believe. I closed the needle valve the opened it untill the turbo acuator arm moved and hit the end off its stroke then a bit back of it. Then set the dawes valve to 15psi. Sweet spot is 10psi under 2000rpm and 15psi at 3000rpm. To achieve that you play with needle valve little bit by little bit.
    Sounds like your on the money there mate. Kudos....

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmerican View Post
    I've been trying to search the forum with no luck to see if anyone else had this issue.

I recently installed a dawes valve kit, erg blank and 3" exhaust. When driving at highway speeds with a steady pedal the Patrol would go into a "temp" limp mode. After coming off the pedal for a sec and back on it would go just fine. Through investigating I noted the boost would come up to quickly for the Dawes kit compensate but it would still occur. It was only after removing the blanking plate would the valve kit work correctly.

The blanking plate that I purchased did not have the hole as I had seen in others, but based on the position the instructions indicated for it install it didn't cause the dummy light to come on, so thought all is good.

Any ideas as to what is causing this? I currently to not have blanking plate in and would like to put it back. Should I put a hole in it to allow some recirculation?
    I have the same issue, AND I had the Dawes and needle valve working what seemed ok. Issue came after the plate was installed.
    It seems the boost must be arriving too early and too hard. Do I adjust the needle valve SLOWLY and see what happens.
    My high boost Dawes is about 20psi--too high methinks. Comments please
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Gary View Post
    I have the same issue, AND I had the Dawes and needle valve working what seemed ok. Issue came after the plate was installed.
    It seems the boost must be arriving too early and too hard. Do I adjust the needle valve SLOWLY and see what happens.
    My high boost Dawes is about 20psi--too high methinks. Comments please
    Your running a twin Dawes setup. I would go higher. Mines been running at 25psi for well over 12month now.... But thats how I have it. Some would say its too high. Some not. But it goes alright, for a ZD, and have had zero issues with it so far, touch wood...
    whats your low boost set at?

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mudski (and all) I have low boost at 11 psi--a little higher than I would like, but a bitch to get to for a 1 pound reduction, and no limp issues. High has been 22, then 17 then 20. At 17 no issue, at 22 limp easily, at 20 limp at high end--4000 rpm.
    I did open the needle valve 2/10 of a turn (it has 10 indicator marks), and that stopped limp at 17, still get it at 20. I will try 18 psi, and maybe one more "click open on the needle valve and report back. I will try needle valve first.
    This is very much "try and test", but the truck certainly benefits from fitted needle valve--lag basically gone and spool rate maybe a little quick.
    BTW my electronic switch failed (my bad) so I have manual high or low.

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Your running a twin Dawes setup. I would go higher. Mines been running at 25psi for well over 12month now.... But thats how I have it. Some would say its too high. Some not. But it goes alright, for a ZD, and have had zero issues with it so far, touch wood...
    whats your low boost set at?
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Gary For This Useful Post:

mudski (1st March 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Save your coin and get the HPD high flow maf housing and air box lid. No need to worry about limp mode ever again. My boost gauge is to 30psi. Just as a test I wound the dawes right in. I had the needle on the boost gauge off the clock and I still saw no limp mode. But the engine light came on... jeez it went though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Dr Gary (2nd March 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ... are their Boost Controllers any good Mudski?
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast