OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks to NissanPatrol.com.au for my Birthday email! It reminded me to post pictures!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully the missing pictures are attached and working this time!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shaun UK For This Useful Post:

Clunk (21st February 2015), katwoman (19th February 2015), Woof (19th February 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thats a nice looking van....
    ( yes, the pics worked)
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for letting me know they are working at last!

I don't know if or what the problem was with the upload/install of them, first time round, but I have now swapped browsers to do this! maybe the website doesn't like Apple's safari? I have used Googles Chrome to create this last set and they now have worked

Also for the compliment on our caravan! My wife picked it, so it has her choice of separate beds! She claims she gets a better nights sleep that way (:roll eyes: and better still, that she can leave the beds all made up and ready for the evening. I am thrown out into the awning most other times

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Shaun Happy birthday even if a bit late,
    wow what an awesome looking van, great set up
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

Shaun UK (19th February 2015)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, threedogs

I'm off to bed as I have an early trip to Birmingham's National Exhibition Centre to The Caravan and Camping Show there as a birthday treat. Just hope my family's "treat" isn't quite so heavy on my wallet this year

My Patrol will be put to use, as I carry my mobility scooter with it. One of the great advantages of this vehicle for me! Though I did remove the rearmost seats years ago (but do still keep them), as it allows me to self-power the scooter in and out via ramps with a little help. While still being able to carry bikes, luggage, awnings, passengers and the 'van with confidence.

She, the Patrol is getting on in years (for the UK) now. As the UK spreads salt over the road network throughout the winter every year; rust or more precisely fighting rust is a constant battle! So far though, I've been lucky that I had her rust protected and maintained it over it's life, but most such have succumbed to its ravages by this age over here.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes

Thanks
    Thanked 4,754 Times in 2,508 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi shaun, got them this time, great looking setup mate.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stropp For This Useful Post:

Shaun UK (21st February 2015)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Stropp,

Thanks for the confirmation that the pictures got though, my wife thanks you for complimenting her choice of 'van!

I had a trip out to a big Indoor Caravan Show yesterday, so wasn't around on the 'net.

While fully expecting that my wife had some ulterior motive to my birthday treat! It did turn out to be a great day to be in the warm indoor halls (The weather was cold with heavy rain there, back and by all accounts, most all of the day).

While there was one or two big cost gadgets that we have swooned over, we managed to resist the temptations to purchase anything of high value while there, this time! The great thing about these places is that you get to see the latest ideas and innovations. I am told though that I've got to save up to add an electric self-leveling jacking system! My wife says its so COOL and as she usually has the job of winding the jacks, I should be glad to get it for her "We'll" now have some time to ponder and talk ourselves out of buying this and the rest of the gear we saw!

Anyway as the forum is for our vehicles I'll just add a little bit of British Nissan Patrol History, as I recall it:

Patrol's of all types are relatively, a rare sight here in the UK. They had never been a big seller, not least because Nissan limited the variety of models and engines available, I'm sure. I don't recall any UK spec, Y60 4.2 Litre Diesels or high tops (such as the "Safari" in other Countries), other than for peoples "Grey Imports". It may have been due to EU emissions legislation, that we were only offered the 2.8 Litre Diesel (manual only), or the Petrol 4.2 Litre with both Manual or Auto gearboxes instead. Along with a couple of trim levels and SWB and LWB. The strange thing was that fuel prices was (and still is) extremely high, relative to most of the world . So this petrol engine, giving around 13 MPG in town, regardless of its reliability, seemed to frighten off most buyers. The 2.8 Litre was just lacking the power to impress. This engine was carried over as the only option along with the manual gearbox, when the Y61 models were introduced in late 1997. it took a few more years before the engine was upgraded to 3.0 Litres and an automatic box made available. The Y61 was never offered here with any petrol engine option. The current Nissan Patrol series hasn't been marketed here at all!

You could say that we, don't really have much of a need of such off road vehicles in the UK, unless you happen to be a farmer! Which would explain the lack of Patrol sales and Nissan no longer offering them. Yet, if that was right, then why does there seem to be absolutely no shortage of Land Rover's, Toyota's and even Korean 4x4's, everywhere here? Not counting the "Luxury end 4x4's such as Range Rovers, Lexus RX, BMW's X5's.

Having owned two previous Nissan Patrols over the years, all of which, gave me really robust reliability, it has always puzzled me. Maybe, more to do with image and style and/or Nissan never trying to market them here. But I do know that these machines are just so undeservedly underrated here in the UK.

Cheers to everyone on the forum.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaun UK For This Useful Post:

growler2058 (21st February 2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12