User Tag List

Thread: 2" or 3" Suspension Lift?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2" or 3" Suspension Lift?

Hey everyone. I recently went from 31" to 33" tyres (on a 15" rim) on my GQ Patrol. Due to the size of the new tyres I need to look at getting a lift.

Originally I was looking at a 2" suspension lift however my brother-in-law suggested a 3" lift would be better. It's my everyday drive and I don't do a large amount of 4WDing and so I want something that won't make it too high and be in-feasible on the country roads or highway much less getting into car parks at places like Bathurst and Newcastle when I do go to those places.

What would you guys suggest would be better? Would the extra 1" lift make that much of a difference off-road? I don't do extreme 4WDing or like medium to light stuff.

Thanks for any help and advice you can offer.

Owner of 1984 SD33T MK Patrol
    Owner of 1989 TD42 GQ Patrol
    Previous Owner of a 1988 TB42 DA Maverick
    ------------------------------------------------------
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 2,507 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2" is the least hassle to fit as you only need springs and shocks most of the time but 3" you will need adjustable panhard rods etc to pull the suspension over to the centre of the body, i have 3" and i find it great but it just depends on what you can afford, my advice is spend a bit more and get 3".
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Old Man Emu 2 inch GU lift in my GQ (makes it about 2.5inch) and it's perfect for my all around touring and off road needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.