Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The best camp chair out there

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the things about really good camp chairs that browns me off is the packed size......they are nearly all so forking big!
    So far the best trade off for me so far is the OzTrail Big Boy. Comfy but at least packs to a reasonable size. My ARB chair is great except for the fact that it's packed size is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

Hodge (22nd June 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I have an OzTent king kokoda chair, for camping. The best I've sat in personally, and I've tried a few. They were around the $100 mark at the show. I think they go for around 140-150 in the retails store usually.
    I had an old model of the Oztent king goanna. Built to take my weight. Had it for at least 5 years and was still going strong (but got left behind in the last move). I looked on the weekend and I notice they have an updated model with better drink holder and stuff now. It is well worth getting the chairs that state they are rated 150kg+. The others just fall apart after having me sit on them constantly (I'm about 120kg). I might try the king kokoda next time too.
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    One of the things about really good camp chairs that browns me off is the packed size......they are nearly all so forking big!
    So far the best trade off for me so far is the OzTrail Big Boy. Comfy but at least packs to a reasonable size. My ARB chair is great except for the fact that it's packed size is a joke.

Just looked that one up and it also looks good. Same 150kg rating. I'll check that out as well and see which one I can get out of it and the Oztent ones for the best price. BCF sometimes have specials or members specials, so might get that one at the right price if the timing is right. Keep putting it off until it corresponds with payday and a trip where I really need it.
    Thanks, Cameron
    No Patrol now - Just good memories!

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,113 Times in 3,144 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post

I have to so agree with Drew on this one. As much as the King Kokoda that I have is so comfy, in it's bag, it is as big as a complete packed up bag for my XL Bunker swag! If not bigger... Times it by 2, and that is a lot of volume taken up in the car, or on the roof rack.
    Speaking of packing up... I bought the XL bunker, self inflating king matress and king size sleeping bag... I unpacked everything and set it up... When it came time to pack everything up again, I invented new swear words! How in the fark did they squeeze all that stuff in their bags is just beyond me. Especially the self inflating mattress... It's ridiculous.
    2005 TD42TI

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

cgm (22nd June 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,450 Times in 6,269 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With the mattress, roll it up as tight as you can with the flaps open and when you get to the end, seal the vents and unroll it. Then you should be able to reroll it even tighter, when you get towards the end open the vents to let all the air out and close them when done. That's the best way to do it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

cgm (22nd June 2014), Hodge (22nd June 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a couple of King Kokoda off eBay, like them over the Goanna because of the solid arm.
    Both have the lumbar support and are the most comfortable chair I have sat in.
    The local BCF must have about 25 chairs to try, hopefully they are as good as I reckon on our first trip with them!
    BCF $129.00 each. eBay $205.00 for 2 delivered

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

cgm (22nd June 2014), Hodge (22nd June 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    With the mattress, roll it up as tight as you can with the flaps open and when you get to the end, seal the vents and unroll it. Then you should be able to reroll it even tighter, when you get towards the end open the vents to let all the air out and close them when done. That's the best way to do it.
    Edited due to double post
    Last edited by macca; 23rd June 2014 at 07:12 PM.
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    until its done
    Kneeling on it as you roll it helps compress it too, roll a bit - lean on it, roll a bit - lean on its done

Kneeling on it as you roll it helps compress it too, roll a bit - lean on it, roll a bit - lean on it, until its done

that looks better, the edit button is missing whats happening?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aldi's have those fold out lounge style camp chair with lacing up the side on sale 24th of Oct
    three colours no link available yet, but sale price will be $49.99 now thats cheap.
    They even have stretchers on sale for $39.99
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by threedogs; 17th October 2015 at 01:48 PM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,113 Times in 3,144 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Might go and have a look at that. Looks ok. Never had a reclining camping chair. This might be a goer... Still love my king kokoda OZtent.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast