Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 04OFF View Post
    Have you considered a Inverter and a electric blanket ?

Can even get 12v ones (don't know how good they work)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HEATED-TR...item27e38ecfcf
    This could be an option (12v) but I'm not keen on the inverter and 240 blanket, not sure if they piss the bed or nappy leaks how that would go ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Cheapest portable diesel unit I've come across on the net is $1300 au.
    And dearest $2500.
    you can also get dual function,
    air heater, hot water heater combo unit, again more $$.

new computer isn't letting me paste links sorry.
    search portable diesel heater.
    caravan repair retailers sell em.
    but recon ya could build a box or frame easily and dyi.
    That's about the prices I'm seeing also.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    Anyone seen a heater somewhat like this one selling in aus ? If so let me know !

http://zodi.com/tent-heaters/hot-vent-tent-heater

I like the idea of having the flame, gas and carbon dioxide created left outside the camper but I'd like it to be versitile to swap from tent to camper etc depending what we take.

and your typical diesel heater seems like a pain and are bloody expensive.

Or any ideas would be great!
    I thought you were happily married, lol
    You can get 12v electric blankets for about $70 del from Ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Electric-...item5652f6aed3
    Last edited by threedogs; 10th June 2014 at 08:04 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im for suck it up princess but know too well that when you have kids and its freezing cold like for example at Dargo when all the kids on that first morning were miserable was mostly because they were freezing cold having something like this makes your life so much easier.... upon saying that I dont see myself buying one and my kids will just have to harden up !!!!

Each to there own or budget !!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could be an option (12v) but I'm not keen on the inverter and 240 blanket, not sure if they piss the bed or nappy leaks how that would go ...
    Might be worth more investigation, as I think the controller is the only bit that would worry getting wet, think how many old people with bladder problems would use em, plus heaps of Electric Blankets advertise they can be washed, so the electrics cant be that effected by water (i realise you dont wash em plugged in tho, lol)

You should just buy a 12v one Troy and tell us if it works ?
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Thanks
    Thanked 7,438 Times in 3,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is that 700$ second hand ?
    No, it’s for new. From Pinnacle Wholesalers based in Ballarat. I have no direct experience of these units but know of people who have fitted them to motorhomes & been happy with their choice.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PLANAR-2KW-DIESEL-AIR-HEATER-CARAVAN-MOTORHOME-RV-BUS-TRUCK-JAYCO-/321389637157?pt=Caravan_Parts_Accessories&hash=ite m4ad450ae25&_uhb=1

There is also a chap in Turkey supplying brand name diesel heaters (Eberspacher & Webasto) & parts at discounted prices. A lot of people have bought from him & found him very helpful & knowledgeable, but the prices, as might be expected for brand names are higher, but remain very competitive compared to buying elsewhere.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/WorldWideDieselHeatersSparesSupply/Diesel-Air-Heaters-/_i.html?_fsub=3206992016&_sid=718451636&_trksid=p4 634.c0.m322

EDIT: Just in case there is any confusion, I am not suggesting that diesel heaters are suitable for use in a tent, they are not. They require the heater itself, plus a diesel tank, plus ducting, plus a 12v power source. Their correct working can also be affected by the way in which their intake & exhaust pipes are routed. So great for permanent installations, but definitely not for tent/portable use. Their are also gas powered heaters which are similar but these are more expensive to run. There are also variations between the different diesel types which effects how much 12v power they need & also how noisy they are. Having camped with folk that use them I can say that some are very quiet & some are quite disturbing (at least to the campers around them, the folk using the noisy ones seemed oblivious to the noise inside their motorhomes).
    Last edited by Cuppa; 10th June 2014 at 09:45 AM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have 12v electric seats and they get nice and toastie,
    a 12v blanket would work the same IMO. For under $50 to stay warm
    is a no brainer depending on power draw which I'd imagine would be heaps.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 Times in 723 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry guys but its just more crap to carry.
    Our forefathers didn`t carry all this stuff when they opened up this land,so as you have to carry bedding get the best you can afford and leave the gimmicks home.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,438 Times in 3,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
    Our forefathers didn`t carry all this stuff when they opened up this land,so as you have to carry bedding get the best you can afford and leave the gimmicks home.
    I tend to agree, but might soften on the issue of hot water bottles.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    a no brainer depending on power draw which I'd imagine would be heaps.
    The one in the link i posted earlier is rated at 12V 50W

Quote Originally Posted by pearcey View Post

Well, i guess youll be taking the horse and leaving the patrol at home next trip then pearcey (hahaha !)
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

megatexture (10th June 2014), threedogs (10th June 2014), Winnie (10th June 2014)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast