User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: after market alarm

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for reply Yendor, mate I wire it all back up to the way I had it originally, I didnt like the idea of no remote locking LOL, I just locked drivers door manually
    ust connected your new actuator parallel to the genuine actuators.

So connect the two wires from your new actuator to the Blue wire and Blue with a Red trace wire.
    Ok will give that a try thanks, so clicking remote button sends a pulse through those wires to activate lock/unlock? hopefully it works, will report back tomorrow

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickie3 View Post
    thanks for reply Yendor, mate I wire it all back up to the way I had it originally, I didnt like the idea of no remote locking LOL, I just locked drivers door manually
    Ok will give that a try thanks, so clicking remote button sends a pulse through those wires to activate lock/unlock? hopefully it works, will report back tomorrow
    Sort of ..... When you push the remote button the alarm unit sends a negative trigger down one of the two wires you connected to the factory door lock/unlock switch in the driver side door master switch (the switch near the electric window switches).

This then activates the original central locking module. This module sends power to either the Blue wire or the Blue with a Red trace wire and earth to the other wire (it depends if it's locking or unlocking).

This is how you had it wired first off when all doors worked except for the driver side door.

Connecting your new actuator to the Blue and Blue with a Red trace is just the same as adding another rear door actuator. The factory central locking module it operating all the door actuators, the alarm system is just sending the signal to lock or unlock to the factory central locking module.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Yendor For This Useful Post:

Rickie3 (4th March 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhhhh ok now that makes sense, excellent info cheers, will let you know how I get on

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Yendor you bloody legend, followed what you said and all went sweet, working perfectly thanks mate I really appreciate the help given
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12