Thread: td42 turbo wastegate actuator adjustment question

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

td42 turbo wastegate actuator adjustment question

hi guys,

I just wanted to clarify some things regarding the actuator on my garrett turbo.

first, the background is, I was running 10psi boost as that's how it was when I bought the vehicle.
    I was happy to run it at this but ive always felt that something wasn't right, as in first gear, I would have to drive it very hard to get even 1-3psi max and in second gear I would get about 6psi max when driven hard, but third gear and up it seemed fine.

I finally decided to play with the adjustable wastegate actuator, I shortened the arm, and it has made a huge difference to the turbo, it now spools up nicely in first and second and will reach full boost when driven hard. max boost is still 10psi. but it just doesn't lag like it was before.

As far as my research goes, I think I have added a little more preload tension to the wastegate, therefore allowing more time for boost to build up before the gate begins to open.

So for the guys that know there stuff, does this sound correct? do you see any problems with what ive done?

any info would be great.

cheers
    1990 Gq td42 turbo wagon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement