OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2001 gu 4.5 petrol engine cutting out doing right hand turns !!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for all the great feedback.

I will be changing the fuel filter on the weekend and let you know of the progress.

It cuts out like turning off the ignition and throttle is about 3/4 and accelerating to 3000rpm.If I hold the throttle at this position the engine dies till it gets to around 2000 rpm and then accelerates again. If I keep holding the throttle at the same spot it all repeats this cycle for how ever many miles you want to go for . If I hit the sub tank button and top up the main it doesn't do it anymore. I guess it must be starving of fuel at this throttle position. If I hold the throttle at 1/4 to half it will slowly rev past 3000 but opening the throttle it dies. Hope that helps some more .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First things first change your fuel filter for sure. then if your problem is still there, have the fuel pressure checked when under those driving conditions where its having the problem. If your fuel pressure comes back ok then have you TPS (Throttle position switch) & AFM (air flow meter) checked... I suspect they will be fine cos they would have shown up as a fault code if either are failing but it doesn't hurt to check these again as they also play a part in fuel regulation.

But for all accounts im tipping given the symptoms your describing here, my first recommendation (on page 1) is going to be the likely candidate.

Cheers
    Paul
    Last edited by patch697; 13th July 2011 at 10:13 AM.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever find out what caused the Patrol to cut out going around corners?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12