Thread: MQ / MK Replacement Tail Lights & Indicators

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay sell them approx $35 each
    Tim
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Guru
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just cut the plugs off, and wired them up using crimps.
    1991 GQ LWB 4.2 Carby dual fuel, 32 mud claws, 2 inch lift, LSD's front and back

And its Toooooooo High for the Ball & chain

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day all
    I was involved with some stuff with my then employer and found out the reason the blinkers are in the back bumper and not with the rest of the lights.
    The blinkers must be able to be seen from 45degrees from either side of the rear of the vehicle. With the external spare tyre in place that is not possible. I think it 45 it could be 50.
    Thus for ADR vehicles with an external spare most manufactures put blinkers in the bumper below the spare tyre.
    The MQ tail lights with the blinkers are intended for the models without the external spare.
    I have seen a NSW police check sheet that specifies ride height , taillights and a number of other key physical attributes.
    If they are paying attention it can mean a defect.
    That being said
    I have just purchased as set with the blinker built in as I want to improve departure angle and remove the rear tow bar and bumper with the blinkers.
    I am going to add a couple of posts to the spare tyre rack and put a couple of pretty little LED’s on them to meet the visibility requirement. I already have a post for a work /camping light so it wont look too out of place. I hope.
    Cranky

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finly Owner View Post
    Oh sorry ol chap, my mistake I order through work with them and didn't even think twice before advising of them. Bonus of working where I do.
    Where do you work?? if I can ask?>

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southern 4x4 picked mine up last week for 25 a pop that's in Melbourne souther 4x4 campefield
    mk patrol sd 33turbo diesel, bullbar, roof racks, driving lights, efs 2 inch lift, 35" Federals, Rear qtr chop.33" led lightbar..

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
    G'day all
    I was involved with some stuff with my then employer and found out the reason the blinkers are in the back bumper and not with the rest of the lights.
    The blinkers must be able to be seen from 45degrees from either side of the rear of the vehicle. With the external spare tyre in place that is not possible. I think it 45 it could be 50.
    Thus for ADR vehicles with an external spare most manufactures put blinkers in the bumper below the spare tyre.
    The MQ tail lights with the blinkers are intended for the models without the external spare.
    I have seen a NSW police check sheet that specifies ride height , taillights and a number of other key physical attributes.
    If they are paying attention it can mean a defect.
    That being said
    I have just purchased as set with the blinker built in as I want to improve departure angle and remove the rear tow bar and bumper with the blinkers.
    I am going to add a couple of posts to the spare tyre rack and put a couple of pretty little LED’s on them to meet the visibility requirement. I already have a post for a work /camping light so it wont look too out of place. I hope.
    Cranky
    This is the reason why the GQ have the lights where they are, havent heard that is was an issue with the earlier ones
    Theres plenty of MQs with spare wheel holders on the rear bar and still have the lights MQ style
    Id be interested to know exactly when this law was passed, as in its year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12