Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2001 gu2 zd30 boost nightmare

Hi All.

I've been at it for a few days now. But it's been an issue for a while now. I've been having a long battle with boost. Read as much as I can but I'm hitting a wall

As mention 2001 GU2 Patrol ZD30 having boost issue.

Dawes & Needle Valve, EGR Block, Catch can, Cross Country Intercooler all installed. 6+ years now

I replaced boost and EGT gauges for better readings. Previous owner installed EGT and a boost gauge that had negative values both was cheapies from the bay. Replaced with SAAS muscle digital series.

Most recent issue is very low boost. 5psi if i give it alot.

- Checked and cleaned Dawes. Added more pressure on the ball no change.
    - Turned the needle all the way down (closed) also backed it off in 1/2 turn intervals no noticeable difference
    - Cleaned the MAF sensor.
    - Pulled the intercooler off, cant see any oil spray, stains signs of leak on intercooler.
    - Checked all the hose and clamps from throttle to intercooler to turbo - no stains or signs of leak, no damage or hole I can see.
    - I've replaced all 4mm hoses that I know of.

And this is about where my understanding taps out.

- I know the waste gate actuator goes down when I pull the line off it and up when I push it on.
    - I also have vacuum from the vacuum pump, not sure how strong should it be?

I need some help on what to check next, as well as how to check the actuator and vacuum pump are working correctly.

Cheers
    Richard

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DickieO For This Useful Post:

MB (27th June 2023)